You're what?

"You're what?" Grace was standing there, shocked.

"Jake and I are moving into the beach house together," I said as I was getting dressed.

"You can't be serious," Matt exclaimed.

"Why is this such a big deal?" I asked, coming out and grabbing my shoes.

"Um, because it is," Grace said.

"Look, he asked, I said yes. End of discussion," I said as I put on my shoes.

"Did you forget what happened with Frank?" Grace asked.

"Or Ryan," Matt added.

"Jake isn't like that, you guys. First, Jake doesn't control me like Frank, and he doesn't drop me as Ryan did," I reasoned.

"What about Dave?" Grace asked.

Matt gave us a weird look, and I shot Grace a look as Erik walked in and asked, "What about my brother?"

"Nothing," I said.

"No, don't give us anything. What does Dave have to do with any of this?" Matt asked.

"Dave has nothing to do with this," I exclaimed.

"Okay, that isn't nothing," Erik said.

"Alex had a fling with Dave before our senior year in high school," Grace blurted out before clamping her mouth with her hands.

"What?" Matt exclaimed.

I shot Grace a glare before looking at Erik. He walked towards me. "So, let me get this straight. You had a fling with my brother who went to California that summer and didn't bother to mention it, oh, I don't know, when he was in town?" Erik said incredulously.

"Erik," I said.

"No, you know what? I defended you when my yahoo friends messed around with you," Erik snapped.

"Hey," Matt said.

He shot him a look then turn back to me. "I listen to you cry yourself to sleep every night after the mess with Ryan. I have been a friend to you, and you couldn't be honest with me about this?" He walked by me.

"Erik," I said.

"Save it! I'm done," he said, slamming out of the apartment.

I looked at Grace. "Sorry."

"So, let me get this straight, you had a fling with Erik's older brother and didn't bother to tell him," Jake said, handing me a beer as he sat down. "Tell no one I gave you that."

"We did nothing except kiss. I met Dave at a BBQ when he came with my cousin Brian, who was visiting for the summer. I turned seventeen a few months before that," I explained.

"So, when did you meet Frank?" Jake asked.

"Towards the end of my senior year, I was still seventeen. I didn't start dating Frank until I turned eighteen a few months before I graduated. Anyway, we hit it off, and we were together for a few months until he went back home. We both knew the long distance would never work, so we parted ways amicably. I didn't speak to him until one day when I ran into him on campus," I explained.

"Wow, things sure do get complicated for you, don't they?" Jake questioned.

I gave him a playful shove, "Shut up!"

"Kidding," he said, putting his hands up in defense.

"Jake, if you would have seen the hurt in Erik's eyes, it was like I utterly betrayed him," I said as I sipped my beer.