Logicality: Simply Puzzling

Requested by: oliver7809

   "Hm..." Logic stared at the crossword puzzle before him. He tapped his pen against the page, deep in thought. He reread the hint for the zillionth time. "Small in size." He had tried almost everything he could thing of, and nothing would work. The trait was so lost in thought he didn't even notice when Morality skipped into the room.

   "Hey Lo!" the paternal trait said cheerfully. He watched his opposite from a distance. Slowly but surely, he crept up behind him to look over his shoulder. "Whatcha doing?"

   "Trying to finish this crossword," he murmured, adjusting his glasses. "Nothing seems to fit."

   Patton stood up straighter. "Hm." He looked over the page for about five seconds. "Have you tried minute?"

   "What?" the practical trait glanced up at him, confused. His gaze returned to the paper and it dawned on him. Somehow, Morality was right.

   He quickly filled in the blanks. "How'd you figure it out?" The question came out before he could stop it.

   The bubbly trait shrugged. "It kinda just came to me... Hey, are you busy?"

   "No, why?" Logan pushed the paper away from him and clicked his pen closed. The other trait grinned. "I wanna play a game!"

   He bit back a harsh remark. If the dad wanted to play, he shouldn't argue about it. "Ok. What do you have in mind?"

   Patton giggled and pulled up a chair. "How about some word association games?"

   The logical trait cocked an eyebrow at the suggestion. Morality blushed and looked away. "I know you like them, so..."

   "It's fine," he cut the other off. "We can do that." He watched the smile appear on the emotional trait's face and hoped he wasn't blushing. "Let's start off simple. Pick a category."

   His eyes lit up. "Colors!" he giggled. A smile tugged at Logan's lips. "Ok. We'll list colors, and you can't repeat a color or hesitate. Ready?"

   Patton nodded, still smiling. "You can start, Logan."

   "Ok. Violet."
   "Red."
   "Beige."
   "Blue."
   "Indigo."
   "Green."
   "Rosemary."
   "Turquoise."

   Logic was taken aback by the choice. Thanks to his hesitation, it caused him to lose.

   "Yay! I won!" The fatherly figure clasped his hand together, grinning. The practical trait rolled his eyes. "You got lucky. I'll choose this time... Household objects. Go."

   "Silverware."
   "Photographs."
   "Television."
   "Novels."
   "Lamps."
   "Furniture."
   "Collectables."

   The intellectual trait fell short on ideas. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. His friend giggled. "I win. Also, you're cute when you're confused."

   He felt the blood rush to his cheeks. "Let's try something different. Say anything remotely related to the word. Got it?"

   Patton nodded vigorously. "Do I start?"

   "Yes."
   "Ok! Family."
   "Mother."
   "Father."
   "Children."
   "School."
   "Educator."
   "Paperwork."
   "Signature."
   "Cursive."
   "Pen."
   "Ink."
   "Printer."
   "Copies."

   Once again, he found himself at a loss for words. "Dammit," he muttered under his breath.

   "Language. Also, good try!" Morality said kindly. The other just sighed. "How does he keep winning?"

   "One more, please?" He asked sweetly. Logan couldn't resist. "Fine. One more. But if you win..." He pondered for a minute before smirking devilishly. "I'll have a surprise for you."

   The joyful trait perked up. "And if I lose...?"

   "You'll never know what the surprise was going to be."

   "Aw," he whined. "Fiiine. You start."

   "Animal."
   "Pet."
   "Cat."
   "Fluffy."
   "Cotton."
   "Fabric."
   "Clothing."
   "Macy's."
   "Red."
   "Love."
   "Kiss."
   "Hug."
   "Comfort."
   "Safety."
   "Protection."
   "Condom?"

   Logic choked on air. He didn't even think Patton knew that word. Apparently, he was wrong.

   "Yes! I win!" He clapped a few times. "What's my prize, Logan?"

   The intelligent trait rolled his eyes. "This is." Without giving it a second thought, he leaned over and connected their lips.

•~•

A/N: Not too happy with this, but I hope you guys like it, at least.  ~FB667