Logicality: Sincere

(They're human in this, by the way. Also, angst warning!)

   Patton didn't notice the red flags. The four a.m returns, the occasional hungover weekends, even the missed calls. He was too head-over-heels to notice.
   Whenever Patton asked, Logan would simply reply with, 'Late shift' or 'Rough night.' He slowly started to see through the lies.
   He tried to convince himself that Logan wasn't like that. That it was all a misunderstanding. "Maybe he has taken on two jobs," he thought, trying to stay positive. He turned to his friends for comfort, but sometimes it wasn't enough. Patton knew it wasn't going to end well, but he kept trying-desperately, that is.
   The night Patton finally snapped was when he saw the proof.
   It was one a.m, and he was almost asleep. His cell phone buzzed. In hopes of it being Logan, he snatched it up quickly. He frowned when it was actually a text from his friend, Virgil.
   "What could he want at this hour?" Patton grumbled, unlocking his phone. What the man saw next left him in shock.
   There was an image of his beloved Logan kissing someone else. Hell knows who it was. Patton felt his eyes water as he read the next few lines.
   I'm sorry to bother you this late, but I felt like you deserved to know. I am so, so sorry. ~Virgil (The Emo)
   He choked back a sob, processing the situation. "This can't be happening..." his thoughts whirled. "I knew it would, but..."
   Once he could see through his tears, Patton typed a reply.
   No no, it's fine. How did you manage to get this picture? ~Patton (The Dad Friend)
   "Do I even want to know?" he whispered to himself. Virgil responded within seconds.
   I'm at the bar with Roman. He's the one who pointed Logan out to me, actually. I felt that you needed to know the truth. I'm sorry... ~Virgil (The Emo)
   Patton shhok his head, taking his glasses off to wipe away the tears. He cleaned the water spots off the lens and slid the glasses back on. He then replied.
   Stop apologizing. You're doing the right thing. I'll talk to him about it. Thanks for telling me, Virge. Ttyl ~Patton (The Dad Friend)
   With that, he turned off the phone and collapsed on the bed. "I had faith in him!" his brain screamed.
   "A little too much faith in him," he stared at the ceiling, feeling his blood begin to boil. Logan was going to hear some harsh words when he got home.
                               ·~·
   Logan finally got home around 3:20 a.m. He quietly closed the front door, praying that Patton wouldn't hear him. Letting out a small sigh, he headed towards the dining room.
   He froze when he saw Patton at the table, eyes red and puffy. Patton smiled weakly at him. "Logan! You're home! Have a seat, will you?"
   A feeling of dread washed over Logan as he sat across from his boyfriend. "Patton, dear, you're... you're still up. It's three in the morning."
   "And you were still out," Patton said flatly, his expression growing more serious. "Where were you?"
   Logan shrugged casually, trying to shake off his guilt. "Oh, y'know... the printer broke. Took a while to fix it."
   "Isn't that funny?" Patton laughed, pulling out his phone. "This doesn't look like a printer problem to me."
   He shoved the phone in Logan's face, watching the horror flash in his eyes. Logan looked up at Patton with worried eyes. "How did you-"
   "It doesn't matter how I got it," Patton snapped, pulling the phone back towards him. "What matters is that you were kissing someone else."
   Logan tried to think of a reasonable excuse. "It's not what it looks like-"
   "Really?" Patton shrieked, causing the other to flinch. "What else am I supposed to think, hm? That this is normal, no biggie?"
   "O-Of course not-"
   "Then what is there to think?" Patton was pacing now, practically in tears. Logan was in shock. He knew he was in the wrong, but he didn't want to lose the love of his life.
   "Patton, I'm sorry-"
   "You're sorry? You think you can just apologize and it'll all be better?" Patton's eyes were blazing. "Well I'm sorry to inform you, Logan, but I'm not the oblivious person I used to be!"
   The room fell silent. The tension was thick and heavy in the air. Rain was starting to fall, but neither paid attention to it.
   Logan pushed his chair back and stood up. He cleared his throat. "Well, I... guess I'll be spending the night somewhere else for now, until we can settle this."
  He walked towards the door, grabbing an umbrella. He opened it, watching the rain for a minute. He gave Patton one last sorrowful look before closing the door behind him.
   Patton stared at the door, hearing the rain start to come down harder. He glanced at the floor, watching a tear or two hit the tiles. He just shook his head and returned back towards the bedroom.