Logicality: Eavesdropping

Requested by PsychoticSanders

   Morality hummed to himself as he walked around the mind space. He had just finished talking to Anxiety and was now heading to his room. He walked past Princey's room, still humming. He paused at the sound of hushed whispers.

   "Look, I don't understand why you're asking me for help. Patton would be a better fit."

   At the sound of his name, Morality spun a full 180 degrees, staring at the red door. He stopped humming, straining to hear more of the conversation.

   "Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered that you're asking for my assistance," a proud voice, probably Princey, murmured. "I just don't know how to deal with emotions that well."

   "Well, you're the most romantic trait, I assumed you'd know what to do." Patton crept towards the door to hear better.

   "Oh! Romance, you say?" The boastful side of him came through. "Now, things just got a lot more interesting."

   "Wait- no, that must've slipped out, I... Um..." Morality noticed the door was cracked open slightly  and peered through. He got a glimpse of the other trait and pulled back. He pressed his back to the wall, hand over his mouth. He wasn't sure if it was out if shock or to keep from squealing.

   "The cat's out of the bag now, Logan. So... Spill!" Princey's voice rose an octave. He sounded excited. "Is it Patton or Virgil? Or me?!"

   "What? I-" Logic seemed panicked. "Look, I've already said to much-"

   "Fine! I'm sorry," Roman sighed lowering his voice again. Morality dared to peek into the room again. Logic's face was a light shade of red, and Princey looked disappointed. They were silent for a bit. The royal trait soon broke it.

   "I'd be honored if I'm the one you're crushing on. Sadly, the feeling won't be requited, but still-"

   "Sorry to disappoint you, Roman, but cocky isn't my type," the practical trait snapped. He slapped a hand over his mouth after the words tumbled out. Princey's eyes widened. Morality held his breath, watching the scene unfold.

   "First of all, ow." The dramatic trait put a hand over his heart, looking wounded. "And second, oh my god. You like-"

   "Don't you dare finish that sentence."

   "-Patton."

   "Damn you."

   The paternal trait slowly stepped away from the door, watching it as he moved back. He got to the end of the hallway and bolted towards Anxiety's room. A smile grew on his face as be did so.

   He skidded in front of the angsty trait's room and banged on the door, bouncing in place. "Virgil! Virge, I've gotta tell you something!"

   He answered the door, appearing tired and bewildered. "I was sleeping," he said groggily. "This better be important."

   "It is, trust me." Morality stepped into the room, shutting the door behind them. He grabbed the younger trait's shoulders, eyes shining. "Logan likes me."