Chrisse

Chris POV

I was wandering around camp at 2 am, I looked around the darkness, noticing things I usually wouldn't, for example how big camp really was, or how clear the night sky is. Camp was always much more peaceful during the night, no noisy campers running around or anything like that.

Normally I wouldn't be out at this time, it was against camp rules after all. How ever that night had been too much to bear, so I had decided to go for a walk to clear my head. The memories just wouldn't fade, haunting him every night, and he needed to give himself something else to think about.

As I was walking I heard someone training quietly in the arena. I decided to check it out. I walked over cautiously, not wanting to startle them, or get caught by the harpies. When I walked in the arena I found my girlfriend, Clarisse La Rue, viciously attacking a dummy with a dagger. I never understood where she got all of those dummies, she seemed to have an endless array. I smirked through my surprise and quietly walked up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind, while avoiding the edge of the dagger in her hand.

"What are you doing out so early?" I softly whispered in her ear.

Clarisse jumped slightly and rolled her eyes "Training, what doe sit look like!?" She twirled her dagger on the top of her pointer finger, leaving attacking the dummy game for a moment to talk to me.

I chuckled quietly and pulled her closer "Ok, Why were you out so early?"

She leaned into my arms, hiding a smile "I couldn't sleep" she shrugged. I knowing she didn't want to share anymore to me.

"Why?"

"Does it matter!?"

"Sorry," I kissed her cheek lightly, not wanting to be on the other end of her dagger. "No. It doesn't'.

"Good" Clarisse calmed down, blushing faintly at his kiss "Anyways, what are You doing out?"

I sighed and pressed my face into her hair, breathing in the almond scented shampoo smell. 

I sighed. "Nightmares" Clarisse instantly softened, she knew about the traumas that haunted his nights and didn't press the issue further.

"It's ok" I smiled faintly, I didn't want her to worry about me "I just needed a timeout. "

"Don't we all" She chuckled dryly and turned around in my arms to face me.

I tightened my arms around her. "Hey, look" I smiled at her wanting to change the subject.

"See that bright star?" I ask her, looking back down.

"Uh yeah, Why?" looking at me, she raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it reminds me of you"

Clarisse frowned, unsure whether to be annoyed or happy at his comparison. I noticed her frown and hurried on, explaining.

"It's bright, beautiful, shining through all the darkness around it, just like you" I smirked and tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Ok, I get it. Enough of comparing me to a giant ball of gas!"

I laughed lightly and linked my fingers with hers "you sure? I could go on..." I smirked.

"NO! Don't you dare" Clarisse pressed her face into his chest to hide the blush slowly spreading on her face.

"Your cheeks say otherwise"

"Rodriguez!" She groaned at me.

Clarisse rested her head back down on my chest and I pulled her closer to my chest, closing her eyes as I ran my fingers gently through her messy hair.