Chapter Part 48

Chapter 48

Weeks passed. Tyr and Lorelei had returned to his kingdom. Amora was being courted by Teran; she was in complete bliss. Loki and Gallana were finally left in peace. They walked the halls and grounds of Asgard with ease. They were cheery faced as they conversed with others. Loki was more accepted by his fellow companions. He was happier than he had been in thousands of years. He knew his sentence might change their minds; he had his love to keep him bright. Their opinions would no longer matter.

Tonight he would propose to his beloved. All had been set in place. Svenson, Trudo, and Gladee would wait on them. They would bring Gallana's favorite dish of chicken alfredo and salad to her. They would finish off with tiramisu. Loki noted Gallana's addiction to Italian food. He wanted the evening to be perfect; from the food, down to their retiring to the rose garden. Thor and the others knew not to interrupt under any circumstances. It was a night for just the two of them.

Gallana had her arm wrapped around Loki's; her head resting on his shoulder as they walked. He loved the way she leaned into him. He knew it was because she was afraid of losing him again. He fondled her closely. He hated to leave her side. Until she was fully well he was allowed to roam his home. This called for certain duties as before. It was relieving to see her shining face whenever he returned. He shared a sigh of comfort with her upon his return; reassured none of it was a dream.

She was wearing a maroon dress with matching slippers. Around her neck was the necklace Loki had gifted her. She lifted it to read the inscription upon the back. "I will love you for eternity. With love from, Loki to Gallana." She smiled glowing at the thoughtfulness of her beloved. She turned to him in his royal Asgardian regalia. He had his helmet and all.It was glorious to behold; with his cape flowing effortlessly behind him.

The sun was setting as Loki led his love to the dining hall. There was a small round table for two. It was gold inlaid with leaves and flowers. The legs were the stems leading to the intricately laid carvings. The plates were of crystal as were the glasses. A candelabra was set on either side of the table; with a beautiful bouquet of white roses as the center piece. It was magnificent in display.

Loki seated Gallana as Svenson and the others came out with the food. Loki directed them as to where it should be placed. Thanking his friends he seated himself next to Gallana; serving her, careful not to upset any item. It would not do to have a fire or water spreading across the table. He watched Gallana anxiously as he set her plate before her. He knew he did not need her approval; he was nervous all the same.

Gallana's lips turned upwards in a dazzling smile. She turned to Loki, placing a hand on his.

"This is wonderful! You have always known how to orchestrate a lovely evening."

"Always?"

"Always."

Loki gave a small laugh of accomplishment. He was calm for the moment. He thanked the stars all was running smoothly. He enjoyed the meal letting himself fall under the spell of candle light.

"Thank you, I have always striven to charm you."

"You have never had to try too hard. I am completely smitten with you."

"You are as smitten as I am enraptured by you."

"I have missed you. Would we could have been reunited forever when we were with Arthur in Camelot."

"I'd rather have liked to have been there when Cesar put you in such dire straits."

"You were nearly caught playing with time during that expedition of yours. I am grateful to you though."

"There are moments when one can change history; if it means protecting the one you love."

"Either way the vile man paid for his misdeeds."

"It was not soon enough."

"You saved me and my entire family at the time. If you had wanted to you could have let jealousy in."

"You cannot blame yourself for finding someone else while I was still a child. It was not disloyalty. Were you to be expected to live lonely until I came of age? Do not forget I am years older than anyone here but, I was preserved and bound by certain spells to grow as they do here. It was by no fault of your own to which it happened but, mine. I hold no grudge or judgement towards you. Gallana, please understand to me you are perfect. I do believe I would have done the exact same if I had been in your place. Would you have accused me of being unfaithful?

"No, but they would be different circumstances."

"No they wouldn't. You know that as well as I do. We came together when the allotted time came. I am grateful for that everyday. We are finally reunited for the rest of time; never to be separated again unless duty calls; always returning when it does so. We will not be broken apart again."

"You are full of wisdom. Having one, such as yourself, to help me see the light and realize the truth to your words is soothing to my soul."

"I only want to see you happy."

"You will always make me happy my love."

Loki leaned in to kiss his paramour softly. She melted to his claim, sighing as the stresses of life were swept away as if by an autumn wind. There was protection in the shared kiss, as well as, a feeling of security. The couple seemed synced together, melded in one, seeing the one in the other. The bliss they longed for was finally coming true.

The dinner was spent in contentment. It flowed into the night. Loki found himself leading Gallana to the gardens in what seemed seconds. They entered the archway leading into the maze. Gallana gasped at the beauty. She had not visited the sanctuary for quite some time. It still took her breath away.

"I have forgotten the magnificence of the flowers and trees here." She sighed

"I will give you a personal tour then." Loki snickered.

"I would enjoy that."

"Come then, for there is much to see."

Loki lead Gallana through the maze of the garden pointing out the zinnias, snapdragons, hyacinths, orchids, poppies, and all the fowl and insect life with in it. The birds of paradise, sparrows, robins, monarch butterflies, cicadas, ladybugs, and any other creature of flight could be seen in each part. They sat in the trees or floated about the vegetation. Each unconcerned with any who entered.

Loki ended the tour, taking Gallana to the gazebo covered in roses among the rest of its kind. Leading her to the bench he sat with her, taking off his horned helmet; letting serene silence envelop them. He let her lean her head against his shoulder; putting his atop hers. Caressing her hands in slow circles, he made as little room as possible to become closer to her. Gallana nestled closer, nuzzling her head under his chin. Loki drew her in closer.

"I have always loved this part most. Do you remember how we would ghost away here, when wishing to have more privacy?"

"Just as now. It has always been a place to find solace."

The aromatic scent of the roses was becoming heady. Loki knew he must propose now or the couple would fall asleep from the dizziness.

"I love you." he cooed.

Gallana smiled grunting in agreement. The roses seemed to take more effect on her than on him. He knelt to the ground. Gallana looked somewhat surprised. She knew she had dreamed this as a mortal girl but, it was no less expected. Loki pulled out the velvet box, opening it to his cherished one.

"Gallana, would you do me the honor of taking me as your husband?"

The woman took Loki's face, kissing him before nodding.

"Yes."

Loki could not be happier. Slipping the detailed ring on her finger; he arose bringing Gallana with him. They began crying as joy overwhelmed them. They let the scent of the rose garden take them. What had they to worry about? They had each other. A wedding would soon be approaching. They would be clasped together for eternity.