Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Loki walked Elizabeth into their apartment as she sobbed. When they came in Lacey was sitting on the couch. She saw Elizabeth’s distraught face and immediately stood up and was ready to bring her to the couch but Loki put up his hand to tell her he had everything under control. Lacey sat back down on the couch and watched Loki take Elizabeth to their room. Then she heard the door shut.

Loki leaned against the wood frame of the bunk bed so his head wouldn’t hit the bunk shelf above him. He was holding Elizabeth on her bed while she cried silently. She was curled up in a ball on his torso. He kept his strong arms around her as if he were shielding her from danger. Elizabeth was trembling and gasped every once in a while.

“Everything will be fine.” Loki said

“How can it be? Everyone objects to us being together. What if Luke’s right?” Elizabeth blubbered

“Because we’re together and Luke was right about only one thing; we are a perfect couple. He shouldn’t have said that. No man should ever make a woman cry except the man who loves her and then he won’t make her cry; not unless they are tears of joy. I haven’t done well  with that on my part. I’m sorry.” Loki said

“You’re perfect.” Elizabeth said

“No, I’m not if I was I would be heaven and I never would have come here.” Loki replied

“You are to me.” Elizabeth answered

“Has anyone told you, you look beautiful when you cry? Because you do.” Loki said

Elizabeth laughed and looked up at him with adoration. “He even says the right thing and words it so splendidly” she thought. She knew she couldn’t have asked for better. Loki’s beauty was unmatched by any man. He walked with grace and was always a gentleman. He was sensitive yet strong. He understood everything Elizabeth was going through. And he accepted her for who she was never ridiculing her or telling her she was wrong. He just let her be and stood up for her. There was no one more perfect in her eyes except God. She felt blessed and privileged that he had chosen her to be his future companion for eternity. She would strive to be the same for now she was happy to be with him and have him holding her in her need of comfort.

“Thank you” Elizabeth said “You’re very patient I’ve never been so emotional and it is hard for me to cope with.”

“It will pass and you will feel stronger afterwards.” Loki told her

“Really?” Elizabeth asked

“Yes.” Loki responded

Then the lovers fell asleep in each other’s arms their energy spent from all the issues of the day; Luke’s was the worst but it was in the past. Now the couple was dreaming peacefully and happy that they had each other. They looked content sleeping with smiles on their faces as they lay stretched out on the tiny twin bed. They were left alone the rest of the day and slept until the next morning. It was the best sleep Elizabeth and Loki had, had in years.