Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“Luke, hi how are you?”

“I’m good, how are you, and who’s your friend?” said Luke

“I am great. This is Logan he needs a place to stay until he can find a place of his own.”

“You know that’s against the rules.”

“And since when has anyone at College Terrace obeyed the rules fully?”

“Well, never... but-“

“Then everything is fine. I promise Logan will find an apartment tomorrow and then he will be gone. Right?”

Elizabeth turned to Loki.

“That’s right.” Loki confirmed

“Okay fine, but just one night.” Said Luke

The two visitors walked in and saw Luke’s brother Jason and all three’s friend Tyler.

“Oh, hey Elizabeth, how are you?” Jason and Tyler said in unison.

“I’m great, how are you?” Elizabeth said

“Good” said Jason

“I’m fantastic” said Tyler

“Good, good.” Smiled Elizabeth “Oh, this is Logan everyone.”

“Hi Logan, it’s nice to meet you.” The two boys said.

“You too.” Loki said.

“I’m Jason and this is Tyler.” Jason introduced himself and Tyler.

The men shook hands.

“We’re having dinner if you want to join us.” Said Tyler

Loki and Elizabeth looked at each other and both said “Sure.”

They finished dinner and started playing Apples to Apples. Loki liked it although it was a strange game. He also noticed Elizabeth seemed to favor his cards. She would watch him put it down and memorized where it was even as she shuffled them. In return he did the same although he didn’t have to memorize the cards he knew right away whose card was whose. Elizabeth knew this but the others didn’t.

They had fun laughing and talking when Luke interjected and made everything serious.

“So, where did you two meet?”  He asked

“We met at the extension in Nephi for USU.” Answered Loki

“Really?” asked Luke

“Yes, we had one class together.”  Said Elizabeth

“Which one?” asked Luke.

“Humanities 1010.” They both answered.

“Cool.” Said Luke seeming satisfied

Elizabeth and Loki both looked at each other in relief. That was too close. Luke only did that when he thought Elizabeth liked someone. So, why now? It’s wasn’t like Luke hadn’t had his flings; in fact he had, had so many Elizabeth couldn’t count them all on both hands.

When they had finished the seventh game of Apples to Apples everyone got up agreeing it was time for sleep. They all got up slowly regretting sitting on the floor for so long. Elizabeth hated to leave; she didn’t want Luke harassing Loki and she liked his company. Loki felt the same he worried about Elizabeth and how she was doing. He could handle himself with Luke.

“Thank you for helping me.” Whispered Loki

“It wasn’t any trouble.” Elizabeth whispered back.

Loki helped Elizabeth up and led her to the door then said goodbye as he turned towards the hallway. Just then Luke walked through with a sly smile on his face. Elizabeth cringed and braced herself for a second interrogation from him. She didn’t like the way things were going between them tonight.

“You two seemed pretty cozy sitting together.” Luke said

“We just haven’t seen each other for a while.” Elizabeth said “He decided to come back to Utah.”

“Where was he before?”

“England.”

“Oh, is that where he’s been?”

“Yes, I’m from London to be exact; if you couldn’t tell from my supposed accent as you would say.” Loki’s voice came from behind Luke.

Luke turned red as he turned around.

“So what made you decide to come back to Utah when you lived in a famous city?” Luke asked

“The thing about cities is it’s loud and crowded. I needed somewhere to breathe and I remembered what a wonderful time I had here.” Loki answered

“And you just called Elizabeth up and asked her to help you?”

“Yes, today. I surprised her at the bus stop. She didn’t seem too happy about it. She still doesn’t like surprises.”

“No, except when she’s doing the surprising.”

Loki laughed at this. “It sounds like Elizabeth.”

Elizabeth smirked as Luke gave a defeated look to the both of them. Then he marched off saying “I’m going to bed. You guys are no fun.” Loki and Elizabeth laughed at him amusedly. That was the one thing that always made Elizabeth’s day. Luke always put a twist to things.

“Thanks for saving me.” Sighed Elizabeth

“I have your back.” Loki said as he leaned forward.

“Good night Logan.” Elizabeth smiled coyly and walked away.

“Wow!” Loki breathed out slowly. Then he went to bed.