Chapter 23

Chapter 23

“Hello, may I help you?” Loki asked

“Do you have something to tell us?” Thor asked

“The only thing I can tell you is the fact that I had a wonderful day.” Loki smiled and started to walk away.

“Why was it such a good day?” Thor asked

“I talked with Heimdall which I haven’t done for very long time.” Loki answered

“You what?” Sif asked

“I talked to Heimdall.” Loki said

Everyone murmured amongst themselves. Loki hadn’t talked to Heimdall for twenty years. Odin thought that maybe things were going to be normal again. Frigga was happy it meant something good had happened to Loki. Thor and the rest weren’t so sure and they wanted Loki to admit he now owned a Friesian mare. Friesians were majestic creatures made for kings and they were very rare in Asgard; Odin didn’t even have one.

“Loki I am so happy for you!” Frigga said giving him a big hug.

Odin smiled proudly at him. Loki smiled back he had waited to see that smile for years. Everything was finally going right for Loki. Perhaps Lady Gallia was a lucky horse. Everything would be fine.

“What about your horse?” Thor interrupted the tender moment.

“What about Loki’s horse?” Odin said with concern “Did something happen to it?”

“Loki has a new horse; a Friesian mare.” Thor said

“What?” Odin asked shocked

Frigga looked at Loki with worry. How had he come by a Friesian and not told Odin? She went to Odin to try and calm him down. But it was too late. Odin looked like he had been stabbed in the back. He looked at Loki with hurt and disdain.

“Yes, I have a Friesian; what does it matter?” Loki asked

“Only kings are allowed to have Friesians.” Sif and Thor said at the same time.

“Lady Gallia was a gift to me. Heimdall was told to deliver her to me.” Loki said

“Who gave you a Fresian? You certainly don’t have any other friends on any of the other realms.” Fandral commented

“Gallana, and I believe she chooses who should be rewarded or is deserving of such things; including her kindness.” Loki said

“She has no right and she can’t do that.” Odin said

“Obviously Gallana can; she always seems to be right and even you have to listen to her.” Loki snapped at Odin

“Loki!” Frigga scolded

“You shall pay for that! Get a needle and thread; those lips are going to be sewn up for your insolence boy!” Odin said

“Odin, no!” Frigga squeaked

“Thor hold Loki down!” Odin shouted

Loki tried to run but Thor tackled him down and would not let him up. Loki struggled to get up, but it was no use Thor was too strong. The servants brought the needle and thread. Loki struggled even harder terror in his eyes. A seamstress came towards him ready to give the punishment.

“No!” Loki screeched

This threw Thor off balance as his ears rang. It gave Loki enough time to wiggle out and run a little ways before Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, and Sif caught up to him. They each grabbed a limb ready to drag Loki back. Then they heard thunder and looked up. There was the Friesian charging towards them. Before they knew it the foursome found themselves face to face with the horse.