Chapter 45

Chapter 45

The five appeared in Asgard with a swish of Loki's hand. He gestured for them to stay back until the coast was clear. They slunk past the guards to his room. The Dwarves and Aesir were not on the best of terms; they had to be careful.

Loki waved to Odin as he passed the throne room; obscuring the dwarves with a ward. They reached his room, entering, carefully, so as, not to disturb the sleeping being in his bed. He hid the red box in a cupboard only he could open. Beckoning the dwarves to come forward; he tapped Gallana's shoulder gently. She opened her eyes slowly; groaning at the interruption.

She saw the dwarves before her. Idi held a necklace in his hands. Gallana turned to Loki with a questioning look. She found herself in a nightgown white as snow. Sitting up; she waited for the explanation. Idi presented the necklace to Loki. He took it placing it around his lover's neck.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?" Gallana asked

"You are simply you. I thought Idi, Brokkr, Egil, and Sindri, would like to see you after they finished the gift I brought you. They are the best when it comes to creating masterpieces. It is to repay my past deeds as well." Loki answered.

"You owe us nothing from the past accounts. We would do anything for Gallana." Egil spoke.

"Yes, anything for the Queen of All." Sindri added.

"A simple because, you are you and, I thought you would like to see some old friends would have sufficed. The explanation answered my questions, however." Gallana said flatly.

Loki blushed but, smiled. He had forgotten Gallana's bluntness. While others hated it; he loved it. Why be cautious when explaining something- let truth be truth. He kissed his sweetheart's forehead in adoration. How could he have become so lucky? He would never know. He would keep her until the flowers ceased blooming.

"An expression of my love, my dear." Loki whispered.

"Thank you." Gallana sighed.

She turned to her Svartalfheim friends happily. She could see the rift had been closed between them. The woman thought she would have to force it, if they had not reconciled themselves. It had been on her mind along with any other discrepancies in the nine realms. She never rested; even in sleep. Regaining her strenght from her now immortalized body was draining. It all came back at once. It seemed she would have to start at the beginning. Staying under control was a worry to the immortal.

She focused on her four friends. It was wonderful to see them again. She knew she wouldn't be able to thank them enough for helping Loki in giving the necklace to her. She only wished she could repay them. The dwarves had always been her friends.

"Does Odin know they are here?" Gallana queried.

Immediate silence took the room. The dwarves looked down, shuffling their feet. Loki gave a strained gutteral sound as guilt washed over his face. The red filling his cheeks was as flamboyant as a poppy. Gallana groaned. This would not help in the least with Odin.

"I shall tell him; I didn't want him to deny our wishes before anything had truly begun." Loki answered.

"I am glad you still have your mischievous streak. It has always helped to see friends or get away from Odin's all seeing eye." Gallana held back a giggle.

"He can't see everything."

"No, he can't. It illudes me, he cannot see past the smallest tricks. Wise he may be but, he cannot see past the end of his nose. Whereas, others see into the future."

"Others such as yourself."

"Yes."

"I will leave you in the watch-care of our friends. I must speak with the All Father before he senses their presence."