Greg

The bed here was so much more comfortable than my flat back in the city. I remembered that I hadn’t yet phoned my flatmate to tell him I was back home. I’d have to remember to call today.

“Greg? You awake?” I heard Ian outside my door and I groaned, turning over to roll off the bed. I replied with an exhausted grunt, hearing him laugh lightly before I opened the door.

“What is it? I have some serious jetlag.”

“I have to interview some nannies, giving Lana some relaxing time. I think Christine is going to spend the day with her.”

“And you want me to help you?”

“Yes, this is partial payment for my help and support in getting Christine back.”

“Ugh. Hold on. Let me get dressed.”

I met Ian downstairs where we would be interviewing the potential nannies. I yawned as I took a seat beside him and he groaned in response. “I know, it’s not exactly what I wanted to do today either, but it’s for Lana. She really needs to be resting and not worrying herself over something I can take care of. Chad’s joining us too, so you’re not the only one suffering with me.”

“I didn’t say anything.” I replied and he chuckled.

“It’s in your expression, mate.”

The first few interviewees were pretty old and didn’t look like they could keep up with Guili. At least that’s what Ian said, as his daughter tended to run them all ragged with her endless supply of energy. Finally, a young woman came in with excellent references, and she was young. I remember Ian elbowing me to stop staring at her. Katherine Galley, though she preferred Katie. She had long dark hair with side-bangs that curved around her large, round, dark brown eyes. She was short, petite, and had a caramel-colored complexion. Long eyelashes that fluttered as she blinked nervously, avoiding Ian’s, Chad’s, and my gaze.

“I can’t find anything wrong with you, Katie.” Ian said and Chad elbowed him, causing Ian to clear his throat and look back down at the papers in his hand. “We have a few more interviews today, but I don’t see why you shouldn’t expect a call very soon.”

A wide smile spread across Katie’s lips revealing bright white teeth, her eyes lighting up as well. “Thank you so much! I promise you won’t regret it if you hire me.” She gave a short curtsy again before heading toward the door to her side. She tripped on the rug and stumbled right into the coffee table, letting out a loud squeal of fear. Chad was the fastest of us all, running to her side. Her eyes widened before she closed them, her cheeks burning red in embarrassment. “I am so sorry!” She groaned, attempting to stand, letting out a painful squeak as she tried. Chad wrapped his arms around her waist picking her up bridal style against him and she squeaked. “I’ve got her Ian. Let’s go make sure you’re actually okay. It looks like you bumped your head something bad there, Katie.”

“I’m sure I’m fine.” She assured him as he carried her away.

“Looks like Chad’s in love again.” Ian mumbled, shuffling his papers. “Makes me wonder if that means I have to hire her, or I really shouldn’t.”

“You should. She has everything you were looking for.” I pointed out, taking a sip of my water.

“You’re right.” Ian let out a sigh. “How many more today? Or should we just cancel them?”

I gave a smile. “Definitely cancel.”

Chad

I looked down at the goddess I was carrying and couldn’t fight the smile that formed on my face when she looked up at me. “Why are you smiling?” She asked in her soft voice.