Chapter 42-Urgent

Beginne am Anfang

"Willow is something wrong? My angel wouldn't say that to me," he frowns. I roll my eyes and huff, crossing my arms over my chest. I feel the cramps coming, I bend over slightly- placing my hands on my knees. Gosh, it hurts. He comes closer to me in worry, "Willy? Is something wrong?" Worry is evident in his voice and he places his warm large hand on my lower back. So close to my butt... it better not wonder.

"It hurts," my eyes start watering and I really don't want to cry but I can't help it when I crumble to the ground and lay in a ball while sniffling. They've been so bad lately. He crouched down, but I keep my eyes closed while just laying in a ball. His palm rests on my back and he rubs it up and down.

"I'll get a heat pack," Nova says.

"I'll get the chocolate," Emberly says.

"I'll start cooking dinner," Amalia says. She so is turning into a mother, it's adorable really. But Jarrad is still a better cook.

Valentino lifts me in his arms and carries me upstairs, "please don't try and find her. Give her time, she's hurt Tino..."

"Angel...." he sighs and looks me in the eyes. "I can never say no to you, do you know how annoying that is?" I smile slightly and he chuckles stroking my cheek with his thumb. He whispers something along the lines of 'so stunning' then he places me gently on the bed. I curl I a ball, the pain still very there. He switches on the tv and puts on a movie on Netflix. Nova comes in holding a heat pack and Emberly trails behind her, she rests it on my stomach and I hold on to it while accepting the chocolate with gratitude.

"You're such sweethearts," I aw. They smile and looking at me in sympathy as they know what period cramps are like. I quickly text Claudia so I don't forget then the girls walk out. I pat the bed staring at Val, he raises his eyebrows and shakes his head.

"I have work now," I look down in disappointment. His 'work' is killing people and selling illegal things. He sees the disappointment on my face and sighs, sitting on the edge of the bed that's closest to me.

"Valentino, your work isn't even work. Do you really like doing illegal things for a living? Why don't you invest in a business or something that people have these days? Something that won't hurt anyone," I sigh. He looks away, his walls coming up quickly. His face is the definition of emotionless.

"You just don't understand Willow. If you were us, you would; but you aren't us and you never will be." He snaps harshly, my eyes widen and I clear my throat awkwardly. He stands up and walks out, slamming the door shut behind him. I don't cry, I just stare blankly at the wall.
• •
"Willow, dinner is ready. I made it just for you, it's your favourite; crabs, fish, oysters, garlic bread, calamari... Willow? Are you... okay?" Amalia asks slowly. For an hour I've been staring at the wall, I think I'm going crazy. "Willow what's wrong?"

I look at her blankly, "I had a fight with Val." I quickly explain what the fight was about, she sighs and places her hand on top of mine.

"Honey... boys will be boys. They're idiot, what can I say? He will come around and apologise, he's just stubborn and doesn't like it when people question him. That's just Valentino, Willow; he is that sort of person. Maybe one day he will wake up and realise that this isn't worth it anymore... the killing, the drug selling, the illegal things... Jarrad had to wake up when we had Ty. All the boys went out for business, but Jarrad? He stayed, I knew he wanted to go but he stayed. And that's just the thing, they're boys... but Jarrad's a man. He woke up one day and realised that he has a family now, he can't do that stuff. He will come around, don't you worry chica."