Chapter 27- Pretending

Let me just restate that I live in Australia, yes there are other countries besides America 🤭🤭

Let me just restate that I live in Australia, yes there are other countries besides America 🤭🤭. So the seasons are switched, when it's winter over in America it's summer here; therefore when i say it's Christmas and it's hot- Christmas is in December which is when it's summer here. Summer is in December, January, February. I'm not writing an American story, I am not American so it just wouldn't work.

For a little while, everything was okay. Everyone was just pretending that the events that occurred earlier, didn't happen. But we all have to face the fact that I tried killing Valentino, then myself.

We are all sitting around a Bon fire, silent conversations between people going around. But I'm silent. Everyone is acting like everything is okay, I was too but I know that nothing is okay; it's not going to be okay after a little conversation. "Are we all just going to keep on pretending that I didn't try killing myself and Val?" I blurt out. I just need to know.

Everyone looks at me, Isaac is gone because he apparently has a meeting early tomorrow morning. Amalia and Jarrad decided to come to the Bon fire that is now occurring, no one has spoken about the events earlier today. "What are we supposed to do, Willow? You tried killing two people today, well technically one but you're a person... We can't do much though, it happened already. For a while I think that everyone just wants to forget what our normal lives are like and enjoy some peace," Landon speaks up, I've never heard him speaking in fluent English that doesn't involve pickup lines for girls.

I can tell that everybody is surprised as they stare at him, "wow, Landon." Aidan whispers, his eyes widening slightly.

"What? It's true. Everyone here hates the lives they live, that's why we smoke, take drugs, get drunk, street race, do illegal things and have one night stands; we just want to forget our everyday lives cause honestly? They suck. None of us want to be monsters that kill people to strike fear in the hearts of everyone. And you tried escaping that everyday pain and torment, everyone knows what you tried doing but they don't want to. So they aren't mentioning it, I of course hate the fact that you tried doing that- surprising, I know. But you deserve much more than what you get Willow," Landon clears his throat and runs a hand through his blonde hair.

"Right," I whisper. "Well how about we all share our problems with one another, it can help us understand each other's feelings more," everyone looks at each other then back at me, they all nod.

"I'll go first," Amalia says being the only brave one here. "I hate that I never get to see my family because we are always here or visiting your family, Jarrad. Don't get me wrong, I love your family and you guys but I never get to see my family," Amalia sighs. Jarrad frowns and wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"Amalia, I'm sorry; I didn't know you felt like this, how about we see them this weekend?" He suggests, "we have to tell them we're having a baby anyway." She grins and literally jumps on him, her arms tightly wrap around his waist.