Dark Japan x Reader ~Secrets~

A/n: Trigger Warnings: Bullying and Manipulation

Brushing your hair out of your face you to continue to jolt down notes. A bell rings, the shrill sound echoing across the Campus.

You jump, startled by the sudden sound, making all your papers fly into the air like birds before they float to the ground.

Quickly you sink to your knees and collect your belongings. But luck is not on your side today as the wind makes a few sheets drift further away. Cursing under breath you hastily stuff the papers that you are holding in your bag before you chase after the others. As if the day couldn't get any worse.

Shoes clack over the brick path and you peek up from your crouching position. The short figure of Professor Honda comes into view as he climbs up a flight of stairs and starts to walk in your direction.

Yet since he is focused on a bunch of papers he is holding in his hands he doesn't notice you.

Your notes flutter in the wind, emitting a rustling sound, catching the attention of the professor. Stopping mid-step, he lets his gaze sweep across the empty campus before his eyes land on you.

You don't know what to do or how to react. Panic lets you freeze like a deer that is caught grazing. What should you do? After all, you don't want to get in the bad books of Professor Honda when you already have almost the whole institution against you, but it seems as if you've now landed in a dead end.

Mentally you brace yourself for the humiliation that is sure to come. Yet it never comes.

Instead, the stoic teacher approaches you and helps you to collect the stray sheets. Not a word is said the whole time through.

Once he has handed your papers back to you he gestures you to follow him and after a moment of hesitation, you trail along beside the man in a somewhat awkward silence. However, you are thankful that you don't have to converse with Mr. Honda.

Emotions swirl in you like currents, carrying questions along, tossing them back and forth like boats on a rough sea. You are so consumed by the thoughts ghosting around your head that don't hear what your companion says.

Perking your head up you politely request: "Excuse me could you please repeat that."

Peering at you from the corner of his eyes his thick accented voice formulates the question once more: "Is everything alright?"

Memories of the past months resurface, a dull pain accompanying them. Words threaten to overflow but the only that you bring out is:

"I'm fine."

You stare at the ground, ashamed that you resorted to lying to a teacher. He wouldn't understand anyway and he most likely has no time to deal with your problems.

Your teacher yet again interrupts your train of thoughts is once again stopped when the Medicine Professor praises you:

"I admire that you still show interest in your education. Most lose all ambition after the first few weeks."

The compliment makes your cheeks flush red. The education you receive here is really the only thing that is keeping you from going down completely. Not to mention the fact that you feel some joy from learning about something you've been interested in for so long.

While passing various classrooms you turn your face to look at him, gracing him with a small smile as you smoothly reply:

"Well, I did come here to learn about subjects that interest me. It is hard work but I like to think that in the end, it will be all worth my time."