Dark Iceland x Reader ~Enigma~

A/n: So now Icey is next and sorry, no Mr Puffin. Warnings: Torture and manipulation

The loud footsteps of your pursuers can be heard as you run to the Docks of the quaint little village high up in the north.

All the hassle is an arranged marriage. Your marriage to be specific.

Ever you had been the oddball in the community. Always coming home with a dirty dress because you were outside. Constantly getting scolded because you were listening in at the lessons given to the boys because you wanted to learn something instead of staying at home and doing chores as it was expected from girls and woman in this period of history.

And when you had claimed that you were tired of being cooped up in a village and wanted to explore the world that lay beyond the sea, they had just laughed at you and said that you are raving mad just like Emil.

But you didn't care what they said and kept making plans for your own future. This, however, didn't sit well with them so as last resort to 'make a decent person' out of you they had decided to wed you to the next best jock so that he could discipline and turn you into an obedient housewife.

Being determined as you are, you jumped out of the window of the room they had locked you in when they had gone to fetch the wedding dress. As soon as they noticed that you were missing they had taken up the chase.

Panting you frantically look around for a hiding place. They are not far behind and if they find you, then you are a goner. The docks are empty, no wait, there is one person standing at the pier, his back facing you and gazing out at the sea.

The waves splash playfully against the boat as the setting sun turns the water into molten gold and the first stars stand out brightly in the navy blue sky up ahead.

The man tears his eyes away from the transfixing sight as if he senses your presences.

Silver hair, white boots and the signature brown jacket, the person you least expect to meet on dry land; Emil.

At first, it seems that he doesn't give a damn about you but then he raises his hand and makes a small gesture for to come forth. Then, without a word a tugs you to a group of barrels. He lifts the lid of one of them and waves to hop in, which you hastily do.

Your surroundings are plunged into darkness as your hiding place is sealed.

Just in time too because seconds later you hear the sound of a dozen people running in the harbour and shouts of "Where is she?". All at once the voices cease and an eerie silence takes over.

A sarcastic voice ends the blissful peace, jeering:" I thought I smelt something weird. It seems like Emil has once again returned from the dead. Probably it is also his doing that (L/n) is as mad as a hatter!" Laughter follows but soon fades away as the group storms of to the forest.

Sighing in relief you push the lid to get out, but it won't budge. Panic takes over as you desperately try to get out. Your heart hammers in your chest and your fear only worsens when the barrel tips over and you are rolled away. Tears start to form in your eyes as to try to bust out but you just don't have enough strength. With a feeling of helplessness spreading in you, you curl up like a cat as you sulk. All you can do is wait, a fact that makes you want to scream but you know better than to give in and do that. Boards creak beneath you indicating that you are on a ship or something of the sort.

The noise of the wind rustling through the trees and the occasional shout of somebody fades into the distance and the sound of waves crashing against wood takes over. Boots thump against planks of your captor comes closer. All tolerance vanishes and you start banging against the wood but as a response to your antics a hand slams down over your head silencing you.