chapter20

Harry's POV

I walk over to her wrapping my arms tight around her, gently resting my head on the top of hers. My mind is buzzing with thoughts as I try to think of the right words to speak to her. I've always known there was something different about her. I just didn't know it was the fact I had feelings for her. As she stares off into the distance admiring the view I decide to speak.

"Bella," I begin "Look I know I've been I dick in the past and I'm not the best person to be around, but I want you to know that when I first laid eyes on you, I knew there was something about you. It drove me completely mental trying to figure it all out. I've finally made a decision and I hope you and I feel the same. Bella Taylor, I want you, can I make you mine?" I question as she spins around to face me. I can understand her confusion. I haven't really been the best person to her in the past and now here I am, standing here, asking her to be my girlfriend.

"Wow Harry, this is so sudden,I didn't know you felt this way...I'd be honored to be your girlfriend," she smiles planting a kiss on my lips. The feeling of her lips on mine sends a surge of need through me. I know at this moment I need this girl in my life. It's the only thing I've been sure about in years.

As we pull away I am greeted with her warm smile. We stand before each other grinning like idiots until we are interrupted by the sudden thud as we land.

"I can't believe you went through all of  this for me, no one has done something special for me in a while," she smiles and I plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Bella, you might not see it but you deserve the world," I simply reply, causing a smile to form from ear to ear. I interlace my fingers into hers as I lead her off the balloon.

As i step out my foot catches on one of the ropes and I tumble to the ground, pulling Bella along with me. Bella is now on top of me, laughing down at me. I join her as I stand, helping her to her feet.

"Wow Harry did you miss the ground that much?" She questions still laughing. I roll my eyes as she continues to laugh at her terrible joke.

"Yeah, yeah," I respond,I grab her hand once more leading her through the crowd.

As we reach my house again my mum still sits where we left her staring off at the wall. I suddenly feel terrible, my mom sits here by herself all the time while I'm always off somewhere, living it up.

"Harry love, can I talk to you in private please?" She questions motioning me over towards her. I turn to Bella asking her to wait for me in my room.

"What wrong mum?" I ask sitting beside her on the couch.

"Harry, darling I need you to listen carefully. I just got off the phone with my doctor and" she starts but I interrupt.

"No, no mum, shit please no," I blurt. I know what's coming and I can't bear it. I feel the tears beginning to form.

"No, Harry, it's not what you think. I talked to Doctor Williams and he said that with the type of cancer I have, they can't treat it in America anymore. In order to get the treatment I need, I have to go back to England," she frowns holding my shaking hands in hers.

"When? I'm going with you," I assure her with a small smile.

"Harry, I'll be fine you stay here with Bella and your new life, you don't know how proud I am of you love," she smiles rubbing my arm with her hand. Shit, Bella, how can I leave her. We just started to admit our feelings for each other, I need her, but I know my mom needs me.

"No mum, I'm going with you," I say sternly.

"Okay son, well we leave in a week, I have some things to tend to first," she gives in standing from where we sat on the couch.

I stand heavy hearted knowing I have to tell Bella the unexpected news. I reach my room, hesitating as I reach for the doorknob.

Bella is changed into one of my shirts and striped pajama shorts, as she sits in front of my mirror wiping off her makeup. I can't bear looking into her soft eyes as she turns to face me.

"Hey,what did your mom want,"she questions as I pull the shirt over my head.

I walk over to the bed motioning her to sit in my lap, she obliges, with a confused look I've come familiar with.

"Listen Bella, I don't know how to tell you this," I frown.

"Harry, what's wrong?" She questions, concerned. I take a deep breath before speaking again.

"Bella, my moms doctors can't treat her anymore, we have to go back to England in order to get the treatment she needs," I explain as her smile falters then fades.

"Oh, Harry, I'm sorry," she cries throwing her arms around me letting out a sob into my chest.

"Bella, I like you, I like you a lot. You don't know how hard it's going to be to leave you," I whisper to her, tears brimming my eyes. She's been the only chance at happiness I've had in years. I lift her chin to look at me as I wipe the tears from under her eyes.

"When do you leave?" She sniffs, leaning back against my shoulder.

"Next week," I sigh, holding her tight against my body. I feel her warmth against me as we sit motionless on the foot of my bed.

"This is fucked, I mean isn't America supposed to know how to treat all this shit?" I spit, annoyed at the whole situation.

"It's okay Harry, you need to be with your mom, she needs you more than anything," she assures me, I lean down kissing her head.

She stands from my lap and climbs into bed motioning me over. She lays in my arms, as I fall asleep to the sound of her breathing.

(You guys omg! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated! These past two weeks have been crazy busy and full of homecoming festivities, but that's all done now so I hope to get back to normal. I love y'all! xx)