chapter12

Bella's POV

I walk into my mother's house to see that no one is home. My mom must be somewhere with David. I don't even know why I came here this weekend. My mom hasn't even acknowledged my existence. I was hoping to talk her out of all this, but now she's getting married. What the hell? I mean, it's only been a few months since her and my dad split.

I decide to forget it and just leave without even telling her bye. I grab my untouched suitcase and head out of the door. I have the curtesy to lock the door, even though I'm beyond pissed at my mom. I pull out of my childhood home and onto the road. To my new home.

I drive past Harry's house to see him sitting on the bench. I slow to a stop and roll down the window. He notices me and smiles.

"Off so soon?" He questions puzzled.

"Yeah, I have classes tomorrow and my mom wants nothing to do with me," I sigh. He's now leaning on my car.

"I had a nice time, Nancy," he laughs. Nancy? What the hell? He can tell my confusion so he speaks again.

"Negative Nancy," he laughs at his own joke. I roll my eyes and giggle at him. Him thinking it was funny makes it funny.

"Whatever," I laugh, "well I need to get going. I better see you tomorrow," I scold, not forgetting Harry skipping last week.

"That you will," he assures. "Wait, you should give me your number. You know, just incase," he adds with a smirk. What a slick bastard. I put my number into his phone and he put his into mine.

We say our goodbyes and I'm on my way back to Fort Collins. I think back to the kiss Harry and I shared last night. I didn't know what I was doing and I couldn't feel anything but I sure could feel him kiss me back. I can't catch feelings, he's just agrees to be friends and frankly I want to keep this friendship. I'm not going to ruin it. 

A two-hour drive later I pull into CSU, grabbing my bag I head to my dorm. When I enter I see Corrine primping in the mirror. There must be a party tonight. I sit my things down and look at her.

"What?" She snaps. Damn this girl is brutal.

"Nothing," I reply, looking away. The last thing I need is to brawl with Corrine today.

"Look loser, you look like a sad little puppy. I'm gonna be nice and invite you to the party at the frat house tonight," she huffs. Why would she think I want to go to something like that? On second thought, maybe I should to get my mind off things.

"Fine. I'll go, but what do I wear?" I question and she rolls her eyes.

"Nothing in your closet," she smugly says. Bitch. She walks over to her closet and grabs out some options. I don't even know if I can fit in her clothes. I've come to realize I'm bigger in the top area than most. She pulls out a short black dress and a floral romper. I try on the romper first looking in the mirror. I'm about to bust out of the top. Then slip on the dress, getting Corrine to zip the back. It fits surprisingly good. I pair the dress with a pair of nude pumps. I curl my hair, do my makeup and I'm ready to go.

"Finally," she huffs rolling her eyes. I roll mine in response and we walk out the door.

"I'm driving," she announces and I oblige to her jumping in the passenger side of Corrine's car. As she drives down the road to the frat house I find myself getting fidgety. It's my first party here and I'm nervous as hell. She pulls up to the big mansion and puts the car in park. The yard is full of cars of all sorts, I can tell it's probably crowded.

We walk up the long sidewalk there are people all in the lawn drinking out of solo cups and talking. When we walk in I realize I was right as I see hundreds of people inside. I stop in my tracks as I realize Corrine is gone. Shit.