chapter13

Harry's POV

I wake up with Bella still in my arms. What am I doing? I can't let this girl in like this when all I'm going to do is hurt her. I'm not capable of having a relationship. Hell, my mom is the only relationship I've ever had with anyone. I gently reach over Bella to grab my phone from the night stand. When my screen lights up it reads 12:13. Shit. Bella is gonna be pissed. I carefully remove my arm from under her and look down at her face. She looks so peaceful, I just can't wake her.

I roll out of the bed and head to the kitchen. My mum sits at the kitchen table drinking a cup of tea. I kiss the top of her head and walk over to the coffee pot turning it on. I've always liked tea but here lately I've been a coffee kind of guy. I sit next to my mom looking out to the backyard, observing the sky.

"You're up awfully late today," she finally says when minutes pass."You don't have class?" She adds. She has no idea I drove to Fort Collins to get Bella last night. I'll just keep it that way.

"I went to bed late and I'm skipping," I explain as I watch a frown set into her face.

"Harry, you missed last Friday. You really shouldn't make this a habit," she sighs, looking at me with concern.

"I know mum, I won't," I huff. I know my mum wants the best for me but I sometimes think I can't be the best for her. I feel like I let her down way too much. I hate myself for that.

When I finish my sentence I see Bella walking into the kitchen. Her arms crossed and her face holds annoyed look. I know why. I told her I'd get her to school but we've kinda slept through it.

"Bella dear, I didn't know you were here," my mother exclaims with a smile. I know what she's thinking and she's wrong.

"Hello, Anne, you look lovely today," Bella smiles. She's quite the charmer. My mother thanks Bella as she walks to sit beside me.

"You said we'd get to school," she whispers rolling her eyes at me.

"I'm sorry. I must have forgotten to set my alarm," I sigh.

"Well I need to get back to CSU and you have to drive me," she huffs standing from her chair. She walks back down the hallway into my room.

My mom shoots me a look and I roll my eyes.

"No," I mutter standing from the table walking to my room. When I enter I see Bella gathering up her clothes which are spread all across my room. She gathers them in her hands and turns to face me.

"I'll get these back to you too," she laughs pointing to my clothes on her body. For some reason I don't like the thought of her giving them back. They look so good on her. I nod at her and we both walk out of my room.

I say a quick goodbye to my mom, walking out the door. Bella and I jump into my car and without a word I'm driving her back to CSU. I've tried not to make last night a totally awkward situation but some how it seems to be awkward. Very awkward. I decide to break the silence.

"So about last night, at the party," I start, "What exactly happened?" I add looking over to her. Her eyes meet mine but she takes a minute to respond.

"Well my roommate convinced me to go to a party with her. I don't even know why I agreed, considering she hates me. Anyways, I get to the party and she leaves me. First of all, thank god Niall was there..." Niall. Fucking Niall. "I realized it was getting late and I have classes, that you made me miss, might I add. I walked outside to find Corrine and that's when I found out she left me," she finishes rolling her eyes at the mention of Corrine. I've never really met Corrine, but she seems like a major bitch.