chapter1

BELLA'S POV

"Stop Lance just stop!" I hear a voice ring through the house.

Before I know it I'm out of my bed rushing to the source of the screaming , my mother. My mother and father have been arguing nonstop for the past year and a half , I can't handle all the screaming any longer.

"Mom, Dad do you ever stop fighting?!" I yell as I reach them, they are standing on opposite sides of the living room. I feel as if I'm in the crowd of a wrestling stadium  and I'm about to witness the main event.

"Isabella go back to your room," my mom's voice is now calm and I can tell she's trying to control her anger.

"No, Mom, I'm sick and tired of you two waking me up screaming. I'm tired of the constant fighting in general." I hiss, "Also, mom I'm about to be in college! I'm an adult! You can't just command me to do things anymore." I add. Everyday from sunup to sundown my parents argue and fight. The only peace I get is when my dad is passed out on the couch from drinking almost the whole liquor cabinet away and my mom cries herself to sleep in her bedroom.

"You know what, whatever," I cry. I can feel the tears pooling in my eyes as I furiously wipe them with my sleeve. I slip on my converse, grabbing my house key as I rush out the door. I had hoped this walk would give me the serenity I needed from the constant pain and suffering of the place I've called home for the past 18 years.

As I walk through the small town of Breckinridge, Colorado, I find myself day dreaming back to a time when my parents showed love to one another. I wanted to go back to a simpler time, when I could come home to a warm welcome from both my parents snuggled up together. How could things go so downhill, so fast? Just as I finish my thought I'm on the ground.

"Watch where your going," a tall curly haired boy, covered in tattoos curses, his green eyes piercing through me.

"Watch where I'm going?" I spit "You watch where your going. You just knocked me down!" I yell.

"Look, I don't have time for this shit," he huffs I'm taken off guard by his words but I brush them off along with the dirt on my pajama pants I didn't even realize I still had on until now. I must look awfully stupid.

"What are you even wearing?" he questions but I can tell he's not looking for an answer when he pushes past me.

Harry's POV
I wake up with a pounding headache, but I don't regret a single minute of being wasted last night. The second the alcohol touches my tongue it feels like all the pain disappears.

I'm jolted out of my state of hangover by a loud crashing sound coming from outside my bedroom door. I don't even remember falling asleep last night or how I even got to my bed. I rush out of my room, only to find my father stumbling through the house in a state of rage, crashing everything in sight.

My mother is standing in the hallway, her eyes rimmed with red and I can tell she'd been crying. I see the new set bruises on my mum's arms and a wave of anger spreads through my body. Before I know it, my blood is boiling, my adrenaline is raging, and I'm suddenly beating my father.

I can feel my mum pulling on my shirt but I just can't stop, the undying hatred I have for this man could be obvious to anyone.

"You're a piece of shit!" I yell at my father between punches. He's fighting back at this point but I don't care. I'm letting the build up of anger rage through me and out with every punch. My mum finally has me off of my father and I'm fuming. "How can you hit your own wife? The woman you're supposed to love when she's done nothing but be good to your drunk ass!" I yell, he says nothing still on the floor unable to get up from his state of shock and already bruising jaw.

My mum hasn't ever confirmed my dad hitting her but I just know deep down he's hurting her. The way my mum looks at him, the way she acts around him, I can feel it.

"You don't know about a thing you little shit," my dad spits as he scrambles to his feet.

"How dare you tell me I know nothing? Look at yourself! Here in our living room ruining everything my mum has worked for all her life!" I yell. My father is now stumbling out to our back garden.

I'm still breathing heavy and before I can register  what happened I'm outside, pounding my already blistered hand into a tree.

I'm still too pissed to think straight and I eventually end up on the other side of town. I finally begin to cool down until I'm stopped in my tracks by something in my way.

"Watch where you're going!" I spit to a girl with long brown hair and oddly perfect cheek bones. I don't even know why I'm even studying her, I couldn't care less about her. Hell I couldn't care less about anyone for fuck sake.

"Watch where I'm going?" She hisses, "You watch where you're going you just knocked me down!" she yells, wiping angrily at her cheeks.

"Look, I don't have time for this shit," I scoff. I look down at her and notices she's wearing hideous pajama pants covered in tiny cats. Of course there are cats. I can tell by the way she dresses, she's weird and annoying as hell.

"What are you even wearing?" I question pushing past her. I don't even care. I don't know why I asked. Fuck.

(Hey guys this is my first ever book. I know it may not be the best but I'm working on that lol. I just wanted you to know that I imagine Isabella as Nina Dobrev. I'm gonna try to update everyday! Thanks for reading!)
AND THANK YOU TO MY AMAZING EDITOR @kelsey_denise couldn't do it without you!! xx

P.S, i'm writing this side note a year later and i promise if you keep reading it get 100x better...i was a shit writer a year ago and i'm so grateful of how much i've now grown.