Chapter 20 [Final Chapter]

There's a sudden shuffle of footsteps that can be heard, we turn towards the direction that the noise is coming from, the sound gets nearer and nearer. Grayson stands up with me behind him, he puts one hand out in a shielding stance while getting ready to attack whatever is about to come through that door.

The doors open to reveal...Jared and Jade along with the rest of the people that were held captive in the cells with me.

Grayson is still tense in front of me, waiting for them to make any sudden movements.

I stand up, right in front of him for two reasons.

Reason number one, to attempt to calm him down and reason number two, to hide his naked body from everybody. I mean, he is mine after all; I don't need everyone staring at what's mine.

"It's ok Grayson. They're my friends." I say trying to convince him but most especially his wolf that we were in no danger.

It takes him a while but his shoulders finally begin to relax. I turn around and address Jared and Jade.

"Any issues?" I ask them.

"No, none." Jade responds.

"What are you? Rouges? Thieves?" Grayson rudely asks the people that have now gathered in the foyer.

"No! We're nothing like that. We were kidnapped from various, small packs by Alpha Leon." A middle aged, Korean woman declares.

"Fine. This is what you're going to do. I have coaches and SUVs from my pack coming over here as we speak. Within the next 15 minutes they should be here. You're going to follow Tori through the back exit where they will assemble. For those of you who don't wish to join my pack, good luck. There's the exit." He says pointing to the undoubtedly now bloody field where the fight is still on-going.

People begin to shuffle and stir; some open the door and run out unarmed into the field of chaos. The easy way out I think to myself. Majority stay put in their original positions.

I look around. Tori is nowhere to be seen.

"Where's Tori? I ask Grayson, raising my head slightly to look into his eyes.

He looks around in confusion and then as if on cue Tori appears wearing a luxurious mini dress, Gucci slides and a matching handbag in her hand. Did she just leave while we were having a life or death situation to go steal expensive clothes and accessories? I question in my mind.

"What the hell, Tori." Grayson asks bewildered.

"What? I wasn't planning on walking around completely nude for the rest of the day like you, and besides Daniel would kill me if he knew that I was walking around in front of other unmated males naked. Here got you these! Catch!" She screams while half-heartedly throwing a pair of khaki shorts towards Grayson.

He catches them effortlessly, despite her poor throw and puts them on. I move to stand beside him and take his hand in mine.  He squeezes my hand tightly.

"Tori, lead the way through the back exit, follow straight down this way. You can't miss it." He says pointing towards the right, bottom wing of the pack house.

"Alright, follow me you gloomy looking bunch. Oooo nice hair is it dyed?" She asks a scared looking teenage girl with ice blonde hair while signalling for the previous captives to start making their way towards the back exit.

How she was able to remain so calm and cheerful with everything going on beyond these walls was beyond me, I wish I could develop that kind of joyful aura in situations like this, I think to myself.

I can feel someone staring at me; I look to my right to see Grayson looking down at me.

"You don't need to ask for permission." I say, "That's your pack out there; it's instinctive for you to help them. Go be their Alpha but you better come back to me. I can't live without you." I say teasingly, chuckling slightly but with complete sincerity in my voice.

He smiles at me. "You're really something else you know that right." He says while lifting me up. "Oh, and for the record I can't live without you either. Now that I have you I can't imagine life without you." He says, mocking me but I can hear the truth in his voice too.

I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

I lean in at the same time as him and our lips collide. It feels as amazing as the other times, maybe even slightly better. It's a gentle kiss, full of passion and admiration. As the kiss comes to an end we stare into each other's eyes, as if making a silent promise between ourselves.

No more words need to be shared.

"Come on Ayanna" Tori says holding the door open for me.

I get down from Grayson's grip and begin to walk towards Tori. Once I get to her I turn around and give Grayson one last look.

It's a look of certainty.

A look that says that everything will work itself out, that we'll see each other shortly that the battle will soon be over.

This is the final chapter guys!

However, the Epilogue will already be up by the time you're reading this so make sure to check that out as well!

Please vote, comment and share! Love – Olivia x