Chapter 8

Swerving into the sideline of a beautiful forest. He gets out of the car and walks towards my side of the car and opens the door for me as well.

He starts walking into the forest and I follow him without a second of hesitation.

We walk on for a few minutes and I find myself having to increase my pace to keep up with his gigantic leaps. It's only when we reach a pathway surrounded by large, green trees that he starts talking.

"I'm not who you think I am." Putting his hands in his pockets he continues, "There are things in this world that shouldn't be here but still are. They defy the logic of any scientific research or human beliefs."

Once he notices the confusion on my face he stops walking and with a deep sigh utters words I thought only existed on Wattpad.

"I'm talking about supernatural beings, Ayanna." Werewolves, Vampires, Witches..." He says. "I'm a werewolf and not just any werewolf but an immortal one too."

He carries on walking and for a few seconds I don't know what to think. I decide to ask him the first question that comes to my mind.

"How old are you exactly?"

"Old." Was his simple response.

I look at him and cautiously decide to speak up. "How old exactly? 20? 30?" I ask with a slight quiver to my voice.

"I was around when Martin Luther King made his "I have a dream" speech , when the Hollywood sign was built in the early 1920's and when World War I was initiated . I'm 438 years old, Ayanna." He says looking me straight in the eyes.

After a few seconds of silence I say "huh you don't look a day over 320."

He looks at me with questioning eyes and then chuckles at my very sad attempt of a joke.

"What else would you like to know? You probably want a lot of answers."

"Nah I think I'm good." I say, he looks at me with furrowed eyebrows and I see his muscles harden under his shirt.

"There's this thing called Wattpad you know. It's literally told me everything that I could ever need to know about werewolves. The Alpha is the head of the pack, the Beta is the second in command and takes charge when the Alpha is not able too. There are Omegas which are the lowest ranks and Mates which are like soul mates. Every werewolf has a mate."

I was about to continue when I turned my head to see Grayson with a slight smile on his plump lips and laughter in his gorgeous eyes. I blush at my rambling and carry on walking down the path.

"So does that mean that you're ok with all of this then?" He asks walking up next to me.

"I'll have some adjusting to do, I mean  i still can't believe that warewolves actually exist and that being immortal is an actual thing. I thought that kind of stuff only happened in stories but I think I can get used to it."

With a shaky breath I look up to the man standing in front of me and continue; "From the very first second I met you I was attracted to you and didn't know why, I felt a pull towards you like we were meant to be together. I can't promise to be a perfect mate, the one that you've been looking for for years but I can try...I'm willing to try."

"You're the only perfect mate to me Ayanna, no one else will ever do. You're more than enough. You're perfect." Stepping closer the final distance he engulfs me in a tight embrace so that my head is against his chest.

I wrap my arms around his torso, inhale his manly scent and smile in satisfaction.

There was no point in denying my feelings for Grayson any longer, this guy was definitely going to be the death of me.
----------------------------------------------
This is a slightly shorter chapter but I just thought that the ending worked perfectly for this. I didn't want to kill the vibe. 😉😄

To make it up to you guys I will definitely update latest Tuesday with a longer chapter!

Love you all!
Olivia - xx