Chapter 14

Screams. Blood-curdling screams.

That's the first thing I hear when I wake up.

I'm in somebody's arms and the person is sprinting through the forest, by the familiar feeling of tingles shooting down my body I know it's Grayson. My chest feels tight and I'm lightheaded.

"Don't faint on me, Ayanna. Stay awake." Grayson says whilst looking down at me.

I see an unfamiliar hint of desperation in his eyes, I have no idea what happened or what type of condition i'm in but either way I still put the last bit of energy I have into staying awake for Grayson's sake.

I hear the distant pleads for help as well as cries and I wonder what actually happened.

A few minutes later Grayson comes to a stop, he shifts me so all my weight is being supported on his right arm, he then uses his other arm to enter a code to an old Steele hatch and lifts the brown, rusting handle.

He walks down a few flights of stairs with me still in his arms and I'm met with familiar faces. Pack members to be precise.

I take notice that the people here are either: pregnant, elderly or children.

Grayson pulls me over to a corner in the far right of the room where there are pack doctors attending to wounded members.

I hear Grayson shouting instructions to the doctors but I'm too tired to hear what he's saying. He lays me down on one of the hospital beds and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Ayanna." he says with a stray tear falling down his cheek. He gives me one more look before he runs out and leaves.

I look up at the ceiling and feel a needle being injected into my chest.

I see one of the staff leaning over me. "Relax Luna. I'll take care of you, I promise."

That's the last thing I hear before I pass out.

Unknowns POV

I watch as Grayson sprints towards the hatch with his mate in his arms.

His mate that is rightfully mine.

I stay hidden behind a few nearby bushes until he comes back out. We may be enemies but I know Grayson all too well.

With my pack in the middle of demolishing his once again, he will come back out to save his pack. He would do anything for their safety.

To my avail I see Grayson coming back out of the hatch. I decide to go with the element of surprise. He begins to run through the forests, as soon as he's in mid shift I tackle him to the ground.

He bares his teeth at me and quickly stands up.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asks.

"You said you would extinguish us a day at a time. What happened to that?" He continues sarcastically.

"I figured that I'd speed up the process." I say with a grin.

"You're sick. You shot my mate out of spite because I murdered yours all those years back, she's fighting for her life as we speak. You initiated a war against my pack. I don't know who you think you are or what you've become, I don't even recognise you anymore. You need help brother, luckily for you I'd gladly help out." Grayson said with a smirk plastered across his face.

He begins to walk towards me, cracking his knuckles in the process.

At the mention of my beloved mate I was seeing red. I threw myself at him aiming for his neck.

Before I knew what was happening Grayson had lunged away from my grasp resulting in me hitting one of the surrounding trees.

I quickly try to regain my balance and stand up. Keyword being trying.

He pins me down to the ground and hovers over me so we're both eye level with one another.

"You're a sick bastard, Leon." He says.

Then he cracks my neck.
------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys!

This chapter is shorter than usual but I didn't want to put too much into one chapter you know? & to clarify yes Leon is dead but Ayanna and Grayson have more enemies than they thought so stay tuned for more updates. 😉😋

Please don't forget to comment and vote & Thank you so much to sillybieber for the AMAZING new book cover!

Love you guys - Olivia x