Chapter 18

Click

Jade has succeeded in opening the door.

With Jared and Jade right behind me, I push the door wide open and step out of the cell in hopes of never having to return.

I turn to the right, and without looking back begin to jog down the long corridor giving reassuring looks to everyone who has gathered at the front of their cells in anticipation.

The hallway seems like it's never ending but regardless I keep going until I reach a huge steel door with two handles located in the middle.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves down before opening the door.

I pull with all my might and thank whatever God is out there that the door didn't make any sudden noises like I was expecting it to.

I'm suddenly in a state of shock as very bright natural lighting begins to seep through the door; I let my eyes adjust before taking a look around.

There's a wide, lit, empty corridor with luxurious tile floors and inbuilt lighting on the ceiling, I turn to my left to see an empty wooden chair, surely the guards chair from earlier.

I check to see if there's anyone coming down the corridor before stepping out. I take my chances and head towards the left section of the corridor until I reach a set of wide swinging doors.

The double doors have glass windows on them. I look through only to see an identical corridor to the one I'm currently in, luxurious yet empty there are however a few rooms attached to this corridor as indicated by the two wooden doors on each side of the hallway.

I swing the doors open as quietly as possible and quickly yet soundlessly make my way down this corridor as well.

I look at the signs above each of the doors as I pass, two of the signs read storage, one cleaner's room and one toilet. No wonder this part of the pack is so deserted I think to myself.

I make it to the end of this corridor as well and reach another set of swinging doors; again I look out of the windows to see a similar corridor however this one has a steel door and wooden chair with a walkie talkie and a bunch of scattered papers on it. This must be the other end of the cells. I say to myself.

I'm in shock when I notice that there are also two men engaging in a steamy conversation with one another. One short and plump, wearing the same uniform as the guard from before and one tall, angry looking shirtless man.

I duck down out of fear and try to calm down my racing heart before leaning against the door to get a better snoop of their conversation.

"You have orders from George to assemble at the field." The shirtless man says to the other.

George? That's my dad's name I say to myself.

"Since when did we take orders from that old douche?" The guard asks with mockery in his voice.

"Ever since Alpha Leon was killed by Grayson along with Beta Sam. Alpha made him third in command, if anything was to ever happen. We listen to what he says now in respect of our late Alpha. Now go out to the field and gather anyone else you see on the way. Grayson is in our territory, it's time we end this once and for all." The shirtless man responds.

A small gasp escapes my lips. Grayson is here. Oh my God, he's here.

"Shh" The guard begins to say, "Did you hear that?" he says in the direction that I'm hiding in.

"Hear what? Get out on the damn field!" The shirtless man screams.

They both begin to depart in the opposite direction from me and I sigh in relief.

I glance out the window again and see their departing backs; as soon as they're out of sight I open the doors, walk towards the wooden chair and grab the walkie.

I run to the end of the corridor until I again reach some swinging double doors. I look through the windows to see a huge foyer with the front entrance located to the right, I see everyone running around in a panic, and some people starting to gather outside, in no doubt waiting for Grayson's arrival. I see some people holding swords and some in their wolf form, sneering in expectancy.

I slide down on to the floor and try to work the walkie, the battery is almost dead, I get static feedback for a while but then suddenly the line goes clear, I pray that Jared and Jade are alright and almost done with their tasks down in the cells.

"Hello Jared can you hear me?" I whisper into the walkie. Nothing.

"Hello Jared? Jade?" I say again.

The walkie squeals and I'm thankful that there's a lot of noise around me.

"Hello Ayanna?" I hear Jared say from the walkie. "We're almost done down here, how are you? Have you found an exit?" He asks desperately into the walkie.

"I'm ok Jared. I've found an exit. There's two exits from the cells, one on each side, use both so it goes quicker. Once you exit the cells you want to turn left and head straight down the corridors until you reach a large foyer area where you'll see the main entrance of the building."

"I repeat. Two exits from the cells, turn left, straight down and entrance by foyer. Their pack is about to be attacked. There's no way we can all get way unseen so you're going to have to run out during the fight. Give it another 2 Minutes. I repeat begin to come out in 120 seconds." I say into the walkie.

I stand up to look out at the foyer to see that more and more people are leaving the building. I slide back down and wait for Jared's response.

"Ok Ayanna, stay safe." I barely make out as the walkie begins to squeak.

"Stay safe -." I respond while gripping on to the now unresponsive, dead walkie.

I take one deep breath, drop the walkie on the ground and push open the flaps before stepping out into the chaos in the foyer.

Hey Guys!

So I haven't done a question at the end of a chapter in a while so question for this chapter is:

If you got the chance to choose one ability or object to use as your weapon in a battle what would it be and why?

You can be as specific or as vague as you want.

I'd definitely choose the ability to control fire. Can you imagine how cool that would be?! I mean I'd probably be really bad at it but at least it would be a really fun experience! Aha

Love you guys. As usual please don't forget to vote, comment and share! – Olivia x