XII

Leo held the shirt dangling from a hanger against his chest, looking down at it.

"Next," Trixi sighed, waving her hand to the side. Leo pursed his lips and pulled another shirt from the closet.

"Next," She groaned again.

"C'mon, Trix. That has to be something I own that you like," Leo huffed, plopping on the bed.

"Actually you do have that the one shirt I like. The one with the collar and the sleeves rolled up." She furrowed her eyebrows in thought, making motions with her hands. His face lit up.

"Yes I love that one! Okay." He stood up quickly, reaching back into the closet. He pulled out the pale orange button down and held it against him like the others.

"That's the one." She pointed at it with a smile. Leo nodded his head and laid it on his bed along with the socks and pants he'd already picked.

"Maella isn't gonna know what hit her." She grinned. Leo bit his bottom lip, hiding a smile.

Ben popped his head into the boy's room. "Food's ready, Trix," He announced. She nodded and stood up.

"So what're you guys gonna do tonight?" Leo asked leaning against the wall. Trixi smiled to herself.

"I'm thinking Elf and sugar cookies." Ben leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms. Leo nodded, his lip puffing out slightly in appreciation.

"Where are you gonna take Maella?" Trixi asked, a spoon on her lips from eating.

"Acquerello?" He shrugged.

"Damn Leo. You aren't messing around with this girl," Trixi replied, raising her eyebrows.

"Well you know. I just like her, I guess." Leo blushed, rubbing his neck.

Ben snorted, "That's an understatement to say the least." Leo rolled his eyes.

"It's just a date, Ben. Lord knows Leo's gonna tell her how much he loves her within 4 seconds of dinner." Trixi grinned.

"If you weren't a girl I'd smack you," Leo muttered.

"Go get ready, mate. You have to be there in like a half hour," Ben sighed, leaning back with a stretch. Leo smacked his thighs rhythmically and ran off to his room to get ready.

Leo had only been in a few relationships. There was Ruby whom he dated for around 6 months. They planned on moving in together but Leo just couldn't stand her. He had a highschool girlfriend for 2 years but they broke up when he moves to California. There was a girl that he flirted with at the shop a couple of times and they hooked up once or twice but it was never enough for it to be counted as a relationship. Leo always fell for girls that either didn't love him back or loved to an insane amount. The only girl that he really loved was his highschool girlfriend but they never could've lasted.

Leo looked at himself in the mirror, picking out any part of him that wasn't good enough for Maella. He straightened his shirt and walked back out to his friends.

"How do I look?" He asked, twirling slightly.

"Hot," Ben chirped. Leo rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair.

"But seriously, do I look okay?" He repeated. Trixi stood with a small smile.

She came close to the taller boy and fixed his shirt collar, hands on his chest.

"You look great," She whispered. Leo's heart beat hard against his ribcage and he gulped nervously.

"Th-Thanks," He replied. She nodded her head with a sigh and sat back on the couch.

"So what are your conversation topics?" Ben asked with raised eyebrows.

"I just want to know more about her. Lots of questions, I think. Maybe I'll tell a story if she asks." Leo shrugged, running his hands on his stubble, looking in the mirror.

"Just don't come off creepy. Talk about your mom but not in a weird way. Maybe mention your photogra-" Ben advised.

"No," Leo cut him off quickly. "Not yet."

"Leo you know girls like that shit. Just mention that you dabble." Trixi shrugged waving her hands around.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes, before saying, "I'm just saying not yet because you know she'll want to see some and ask more and I'm not ready to tell her that yet."

Ben nodded. "I get it. I wouldn't show my dates my books," He admitted.

"Okay, one: what dates? And two: what books? They each have like 5 chapters," Trixi giggled.

"Bitch," Ben sighed. He looked at his watch and his eyebrows shot up, "Oh Leo you need to go like now."

Leo nodded and walked to grab his jacket and keys.

"Remember to leave a nice tip! Girls dig that!" Trixi yelled out the door. Leo nodded and waved, stepping out of the apartment.

A smile lingered on his lips as he drove to the psychic shop.

I really hope she likes me. God I really like her. I bet her favorite fruit is pomegranate. I don't know why but it just seems like she would, Leo thought to himself, sighing in bliss. He pulled up to the small house slowly.

Leo took a long, deep breath before opening his door and knocking on hers.

865 words