IV

Trixi didn't really laugh. She just kind of did a loud exhale. But that was sober Trixi. This was drunk Trixi. Everything about her was dialed to 11. She laughed harder, talked louder, and cursed more than any sailor would.

"Ben! Fuff 'er der?" She asked, slurring her words. Leo smiled. She got really mumbly when she was drunk. Ben's eyes were practically closed as he looked in her direction.

The group left the restaurant after a few hours and arrived at the small park a block away. They played on the jungle gym for a bit (Ike fell on his arm and thought it was broken, Adam informed him that nothing was wrong). Trixi suggested a game of truth or dare for them to play after many tries to play tag without anyone falling down.

"Deh-ah," he said, somehow even more British than he was 2 hours earlier.

The group sat in the middle of a field. The small playground was glowing beside them in the dark. The city looked like blue and purple and bright orange lights. Leo adored it.

"Do a flipp," Trixi commanded, waving a winger around. Ben stood up, his eyes still mostly closed.

"Be careful, B," Leo warned. Ben waved his hand at him.

"Nonsense, nonsense," He murmured.

Ben took a running start and did a perfect front flip. His land was a bit wobbly, but he still stuck the landing. The group cheered and clapped loudly as he took an unsteady bow and sat back down next to them.

"Alright. Ben you ask Ike," Leo moderated, resting his hands behind his back on the grass.

"Tr-oo-ff or dee-ah?" Ben asked.

"Dare."

"Eat that dirt," Ben commended, pointing at a pile of dirt beside Ike. Ike shrugged and dumped a handful of it in his mouth. Everyone voiced their discomfort.

"That's so unhealthy, man." Adam sighed.

"Okay Ike, you do Adam."

"No, no. I don't wanna take any part in this. You guys are fucking idiots for playing this shit," Adam protested, waving his hands.

"Come on, Adam. I dare you to say, 'I'm a poopoo head.'" Ike said before collapsing into laughter. Adam frowned at him.

"I'm a poopoo head," Adam muttered. Ike laughed even harder to the point of tears.

The group all scoffed except for Ben who was still staring up at the night sky.

"'S pret-y, ain' it?" he mumbled, his voice scratchy from his head leaning back so far.

"Mhm," Leo confirmed.

"Thass tha Cygnus conss-ell-aion. Ooh! An' there's Aquila!" Ben exclaimed excitedly. Leo grinned, looking up at the different shapes made from the bright stars.

Ben always loved space. He thought the entire idea was beautiful an took many years of his life dedicating himself to learning the constellations and various stars and planets. Leo thought it was cool but was still scared of what all could be out there.

"Adam are you gonna ask?" Leo asked the older boy. Adam shook his head and Leo took a deep breath in.

"Trixi, truth or dare?" Leo questioned the girl who had a hand tangled in her hair.

"Darrrre," She said in a low voice, puckering her lips. She glanced at Ben sitting beside her and smiled.

"I dare your lesbian ass to kiss a dude." Leo smirked. Trixi looked at Leo for a long time before taking Ben's face and kissing it sloppily. Ben's eyes fluttered to a close but didn't fight her as she completely made out with him.

When she pulled back, her lips lingered on his barely, buzzing with electricity. Leo cleared his throat.

"Trixi your turn," He said quietly, ripping a piece of grass in his fingers.

Leo never knew how he felt about Trixi. She was pretty, of course. Funny. Smart. Charming. He just thought that it wouldn't happen because she was gay. But there were always moments when she looked at him in a way we're he thought it could happen between them. So he wanted to see if she liked him back. He wanted her to kiss him and think that they could be together. He unfortunately didn't consider that Ben was sitting beside her and not himself.

"Leo...go to that psychic shop," She commanded, her mind sobering up slightly.

Leo looked up at the small building. It was old and almost collapsing. The windows looked broken but attempted to be fixed. The bright lights circled the doors and roof, giving it a magical look that put dread in Leo's chest.

"Very funny." He smiled sarcastically. Trixi raised her eyebrows.

Leo hated anything paranormal, like most people from Brazil. It wasn't to be messed with or touched. That entire side of the world was not to be acknowledged and Leo didn't want a curse put on him over a dare.

"Trix-ay you know hah-w sup-eh-stitous he is," Ben warned her. Leo nodded, his eyes still lingering on the barely lit up building.

"Fuck that. Go over there and get your future read or whatever. It's all a sham anyway." Trixi huffed.

"I don't wanna do that," Leo grumbled.

"Why?" She pressed.

"Because if I get cursed, I'll blame you. I don't wanna mess with that shit."

"You can't honestly believe that that place is magical."

"I don't wanna take that chance though."

"Don't be a pussy."

"I'm not doing it."

Trixi grumbled something about how he was a coward as Leo sighed loudly.

"What do I get if I do it?" Leo asked in defeat. Trixi looked at him through her long eyelashes.

"That's not how you play the game, Leo," She said. Leo rolled his eyes.

"This isn't the game anymore. Now come on. What do I get?"

"I'll give you half my tips for Monday," She answered. Monday was the busiest work day for the shop. Leo nodded, agreeing.

"Done."

"Go on then." Trixi waved her hand.

"You aren't coming?" Leo asked.

"Nah, man. You go. Tell us how it went."

Leo grimaced and looked both ways before crossing the street.

1014 words