Chapter 7 - This Is Our Temporary Home

Start from the beginning

The man who was holding him let him drop to the ground, his body shaking wildly, white foam leaving his lips. "What are you doing!" Zayn screamed, running to Harry's aid were he held his head to the side, watching the white substance cover the floor, Harry's body finally settling.

"It's okay, It's going to be okay." He soothed, using his shirt to whip Harry's face. "I'll come back for you Charming, I swear." Zayn kissed his mouth, holding Harry's head close to his, crying quietly. "We need to get him into the car." Ms. Edwards said, sighing deeply.

"I'll carry him...He's my brother." The darker shot, picking Harry up the way he always did where he walked him to the car, setting him in the back seat. "Don't go." Harry's soft voice whimpered, tugging on Zayn's wet shirt. "I have to...I love you." He whispered, kissing Harry's forehead before closing the car door and walking away; not turning around to look back because he knew what he would see.

Harry's red face, pressed to the window; tears drenching his red cheeks. And Zayn himself knew he couldn't bare such a sight, so he kept walking till the car drove away; finally settling with the fact he might never see Harry again.

~*~

He decided then what he had to do, and it wasn't something he planned on. He retreated to his bags, pulling out the hospital card with the number across the front, wrinkled and warn but still readable. "C-Can I use a phone please?" He asked one of the secretaries who passed him her cellphone, having witnessed the whole event she felt sorry for the poor boy, who dialed the number, sniffling his nose and whipping his eyes.

"Mrs. Darling? I-Its Zayn Malik, you gave me your number and told me to call if I ever needed anything?" He stammered, Jays voice ringing back through. "Oh honey, is everything okay? Is Harry alright?" The pain in her voice new otherwise, but it was the polite thing to ask. "N-No...We've ben separated. Harry got sent to a different foster home, and n-now I don't have anywhere to go."

He nibbled on his lip, looking up at the secretary in front of him who gave him a reassuring smile. "Well, you can stay with me and my family sweetie."

Zayn ran his fingers through his hair, his shakily hands scratching against his scalp. "W-What about Harry?"

Jay let the question run through her head as she looked around her large house, her husband giving her the strangers of looks. "We can figure that out when you get here. I'll call Ms. Edwards and arrange that you stay here. Then we'll see what we can do to get Harry back."

Zayn felt the pain lifted from his heart, the weight from his shoulders. "Thank you so much, jay." He sobbed, whipping the tears away as soon as they re-fell. "I'll be there to pick you up in an hour, is that soon enough?"

"Yes, Yes that's perfect."

They said their goodbyes, Zayn hanging up the phone and passing it back to the lady before he broke down, curling his knees to his chest.

His thoughts then wondered back to Harry; his precious little Hazza, his prince charming crying his tiny heart out; wondering why his brother left him behind. Why he put him in that car and didn't look back. He wondered where he went; or how long till he could see him.

"Mr. Malik?" Ms. Edwards voice came, seeing Zayn curled in the corner, sobbing. "W-Was he okay?" He asked, looking up at the curly. "He will be. He just has to ad- Oh excuse me, I have to take this." She looked at her phone, bringing it to her ear. "Hello?" she said all too cheery.

"Hi Mrs. Darl-Sure!" She paused, smiling wide at Zayn. "That sounds sound-Thirty minutes is just fine! See you then!" She hung up her phone, prancing back to Zayn her heals, once again, clicking noisily across the ground. "Looks like you have a new home too Mr. Malik!" She helped him to his feet, fixing his hair and straightening him up.

"Mrs. Darling has agreed to take you in, Isn't that wonderful"

Zayn nodded his head casually, excusing himself to the restroom where he leaned his head over the toilet bowl, dry heaving till he couldn't feel his lungs anymore.

He didn't want this; he would have much rather stayed at home with Hazza and his offal parents. "Zayn?" that gentle voice came, making Zayn perk up from the toilet, walking over to the door and opening it. "Sweetie, I'm so sorry." Jay brought him into a hug, squeezing him tightly.

"He's going to be alright, don't you worry." She smiled tenderly at him, leading him to the front were she signed a few papers, and returning to the parking lot.

"Louis, be a dear and jump in the back?" She yelled, a brown headed boy jumping out of the car. "Sure mum." He smiled warmly at Zayn, holding the door open for Zayn.

~*~

The ride there was silent, Zayn staring hopelessly out the window as they passed by large trees and beautiful houses hidden deep inside the brush.

Finally, they arrived and a large house; larger than life to be honest, and it made Zayn wonder where they were until Louis jumped out, running inside, leaving Zayn and Jay in the car. "This is your house?" Zayn asked, gazing up at the beautiful manor.

"It's yours too..." she smiled, getting out of the car, Zayn soon following. "It's a castle..." He whispered.

It was a castle; Harry's castle. He knew the boy would love this; he would love it more than anything.

Harry would have his fairytale, Zayn could already see it. He would open his eyes and gaze at the large house in front of him, his jaw to the ground. Then, he would turn around; giggling wildly as he wrapped his arms around Zayn as he repeated how wonderful it was.

How wonderful this would be.

~*~