My dear Journal: Merlin Fluff(Requested)

Requested by

Key: Y/F/N = Your full name.

Don't start song yet.

Camelot. An amazing castle built on loyalty and trust.

Well... that was when Arthur Pendragon became King. His father was not so kind to his kingdoms population before his rein ended in his death.

Everyone thinks the new king is fabulous! Amazing!

I came to work at this Kingdom to help my darling mother at home. We needed the money badly and the only way I could get it was taking a job in the castle. I swept the floors, scrubbed the walls, and cleaned the royals bathrooms. It would seem like a foul job, but I didn't mind. Anything for mother. I also have made great friends! Mary, Frances and a servant boy named Merlin. Merlin works for King Arthur.

I asked him one day if he minded, but Merlin said "Yeah... Arthur can have his moments but he can genuinely be fun and kind."

He sounds like a nice guy!

Especially after he made me a servant for lady Guenevere today. I got a raise! It's amazing! Mother will be so proud! I can't wait to write her a letter-

"Y/n?" I jolted upright. "Merlin! I... ah..." I stumbled standing up and knocking over ink onto my precious journal. "NOOOO!" I gasp and try to get the book away from the spilling ink. Merlin tried helping but apologized when he got in the way. He only stepped back with his head hung low. I frowned as I cleaned the ruined book and spilled ink. I sighed and threw the book in the rubbish barrel to be taken out later. The boy apologized again.

"Please, it's not your fault. I was just frightened that's all." I stated. "What was it you called me for?"

"I was just having a conversation with King Arthur. He said he would like to talk to Guenevere's new servant." My blood went cold. The King wants to talk to...me? I don't know whether I should be terrified or excited.

"A-are you sure?"

"Positive." I only nodded before he led me out into the castle corridors. "I can buy you a knew book if you would like Y/n?"

"Oh no! That would be too much of a hassle. It didn't mean anything to me anyway." Merlin raised his eyebrow. "It was clear it meant a lot to you from your reaction." I smile and nervously giggle. "No no."

"It's settled, I'll get you a new journal in the markets tomorrow."

"Merli-"

"I insist."

"Thank you very much!"

~.~

After we reached the hall, I nodded my appreciation to him before turning towards the entrance. The guards pushed the grand doors and welcomed me in. Arthur sat in his chair while Merlin went to stand by his side. The King looked tired. Very tired.

Under his eyes he had deep purple bags and his forehead was wrinkled. He had papers spread out in front of him, most likely battle plans.

I stood waiting at the end of the table. "King Arthur. You wanted to see me?"

The man stood up slowly, pushing back his chair and walking towards the lower class. "Yes... I heard from the other servants that you have been watching Lady Guenevere quite closely." I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm sorry?"

"I've heard that you were watching her while she was getting dressed." I gasped and took a step back as King Arthur stopped in front of me. I refused, shaking my head. "I would never! That's disgusting!"