Boys. Harry Potter; Lupin

A/N: Y/H/H = Your Hogwarts House.

James, Sirius, Lupin and Peter always ran in the halls. Creating chaos wherever they went.

Today was no different.

My hands were filled with books, I could barely see over the top of them. I guess that's the price you pay for coming to Hogwarts. I was just leaving the Y/H/H common room.

Then the squealing starts.

The boys rounded the corner that was sixty metres away. But James wasn't running. No. He was flying.

A broom tucked between his legs, he flew past me. The top lot of books fell. I sigh. Then start to count. 1... 2... 3... the other boys followed. Sirius at the front.

The rest of my books fell, scattered on the floor. "Sorry Y/N!" Shouts Lupin as Sirius yells out to his best friend, saying he cheated.

"It's fine." I whisper and bend over to pick up the fallen books up. Then all the books started to move, forming a stack in front of me. "You do know you can use magic to fix things up, right?"

I gaze upwards. "Professor Dumbledore!" He was smiling, his half moon glasses rested on his long and crooked nose, his beard longer than I dreamed it was. "Y/N. How are your studies going?"

I pick up the pile of books and stand in front of the magnificent wizard. A strange power radiating from him. "Thank you! I'm trying my hardest to get good grades."

"Which you are." Dumbledore's electric blue eyes seemed to X-ray me. Look into my soul. I smile. I really was trying my hardest to be top of the class.

"Are you thinking of joining the Y/H/H Quidditch team?"
"Well..." I was, but I'm not the best at Quidditch. Biting my lip, I try to explain to him that I don't think I can, but he stops me. "If you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Remember that Y/N. And if you are really interested, I say you should ask one of those boys for help." He spoke calmly, but he had a cheeky smile. One that seemed funny on Albus.

"But professor! They're so... so..."
"Infuriating? Naughty? Bad?"
"Exactly!"
"Well if you got to know one of them, maybe your mind would change."
"I've been here for three years now, they've been the same the whole time!"
"And they'll stay the same if you don't change them."

I think about that. "Maybe your right."
"Good. I suggest you do that soon. Ask to go tonight. Here, take this." It was a little slip of paper, on it read: I give these two children permission to use the Quidditch field at 6:00 onwards to 12:00. No later.

Signed,
            Albus Dumbledore

"Wow! Thanks professor!"
"But remember, no being silly. I don't want you to destroy the field." I giggle. Surely I can't be that bad.

"Thank you so much!"
"Good. Now, I think we are where you want to be, are we not?" I look around. I'm in front of the library entrance. I hadn't even been aware that we were walking.

I smile to Dumbledore. "It is where I was planning to go. How'd you know?" He replies with a simple smile "they're library books. Its obvious where you wished to be."

He turns and leaves after a simple wink.

                 \        ~        /