I.

WAITING GAME | I.
(' DON'T GO ')

SANSA WAS TRYING TO keep it together as best as she could, but she could slowly feel herself losing it

SANSA WAS TRYING TO keep it together as best as she could, but she could slowly feel herself losing it. One of the most important people in her life was quite possibly about to make one of the worst decisions of their life.

"Are you going to stop her?" came the voice of her younger sister. Arya had told Sansa of Raya's 'brilliant' plan to go and try to convince Margaery Tyrell to support Raya. Only a fool would think that little Tommen Baratheon could compare to Raya. Margaery would always choose Raya, just as Sansa would, but in this case, Sansa wasn't jealous. She didn't need to be.

Raya was asking for Margaery's help to win Winterfell back. She declared herself as Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, something she was very much against, to gain the support of her Uncle's armies. She had risked her life to leave King's Landing to find her and Arya. She knew Raya's love for her was unconditional. Sansa had given Raya nothing, but Raya was giving her everything in return.

"No," was Sansa's simple answer.

"No?" Arya questioned, her eyebrows rising on her head. She took a step closer to Sansa, getting in her face, "Raya Baratheon is the most selfless person I know. She was willing to give herself to those guards on our way to the Wall, if it meant that we would be safe. She took a title that she never wanted, if it meant getting an army to win our home back. She betrayed her uncle, the last bit of family she has left, and you're just going to let her go?"

Sansa narrowed her gaze at her younger sister. Arya didn't know Raya like she did. She wasn't there in King's Landing as long as Sansa was. She didn't know how much Raya was loved by her family members. Sansa noticed how much Cersei favored her eldest daughter. Raya was her pride and joy, she'd never physically harm her.

"You know nothing about Raya and what she's capable of," Sansa told her sister firmly, "If she wants to go talk to Margaery, then she can go."

Arya scoffed, "Do you even care about Raya, or are you just eager to get Winterfell back? Don't think I haven't noticed how much you pushed her into making this claim. She is willing to risk everything for you. What are you willing to risk for her?"

"Everything!" Sansa screamed, "I would give my life for Raya if it meant that she got to be happy, if it meant that she got to see her father again, if it meant that she could spend more time with her younger brother and sister. I would give it all just to see her as happy as she was when we first met," Sansa said quietly sniffling. She refused to cry, she was done with that.

"Raya is the heir to the Iron Throne. It is her birthright. Me wanting her to be a Queen had nothing to do with Winterfell, and everything to do with making her feel close to her father once again. Robert would be so proud if he could see the woman Raya has grown into," Sansa said, her voice quieter than it had been earlier.