XI.

WAITING GAME. | XI.
(' THE BLACKWATER ')

THE MOOD IN THE RED KEEP had been rather dire, with Stannis's troops rapidly approaching, preparations had to be made

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

THE MOOD IN THE RED KEEP had been rather dire, with Stannis's troops rapidly approaching, preparations had to be made. Tyrion had been impressed with Raya's ability to talk Joffrey out of attacking the Starks and leaving most of the men here to protect the city.

Raya was a stranger to war. She had been born three years after her father's rebellion against the crown. Even when the Greyjoys had their uprising, Raya was just a young girl. With danger nearing her doorstep, Raya felt rather worried. Her family, aside from Joffrey, also displayed their concern for their safety.

It had been late in night when the bells rang and awoke her with a fright. There was knock on her door. It was a servant telling her that King Joffrey had requested to see her in the throne room. She dressed quickly and made her way to the throne room and was met by the sight of Sansa and her rather strange handmaiden.

"What are you doing here?" she asked Sansa. Her mother said that all highborn ladies, herself included were to be somewhere else, somewhere safer.

"King Joffrey requested to see me before battle," she eyed Raya, "What are you doing here?"

"I am here for the same reasons you are."

Her uncle came over, dressed in his armor. It was said that he would be leading the defense of King's Landing against Stannis's attack. Raya wasn't sure is he could do it, but she prayed to the gods that he would.

"Princess Raya, Lady Sansa, and Sheila," her uncle greeted.

"Shae," the handmaiden corrected. Tyrion repeated it back to her.

"What are you all doing here?" he questioned.

"Joffrey has requested we see him off," Raya answered.

Her uncle looked at her, as confusion clouded him, "He requested for you Raya?"

She nodded, "That is what I was told."

Heads turned as Joffrey entered the room and began to walk toward them. "Raya, Sansa. Come here!"

"I wish you luck," Raya said to her uncle, and she meant it. He was the only one in her family that seemed to have a good morale conscience. If he were to die on that battlefield, they would surely lose an important part of their morality.

"I will pray for your safe return, My Lord," she heard Sansa tell her uncle.

He was slightly humored," Will you?"

Sansa nodded, "Just as I pray for the King's."

The two girls took a few short steps to meet Joffrey halfway. Joffrey looked at Sansa with a smug look.

"Your King rides forth to battle," he draws his sword, "You should see him off with a kiss."

"Hearteater?" Raya asked. It was Joffrey's new sword.

Waiting Game. | Sansa Starkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें