XI.

WAITING GAME | XI.
(' QUEEN RAYA ')

"SHIREEN, I want you to know that I'm your family," Raya told the young girl, "No matter what, you and I are Baratheons and we must stick together

"SHIREEN, I want you to know that I'm your family," Raya told the young girl, "No matter what, you and I are Baratheons and we must stick together."

Shireen giggled, "I know this already Raya.

"Just making sure. We haven't always been the closest," Raya told her, slightly nudging the girl. Shireen looked up at her smiled, nudging her back.

"I remember when I was younger and Father visited King Robert in King's Landing. Everyone, especially Joffrey, looked at me with such disgust. You didn't though. It was the first time we had ever seen each other and you gave me a big hug," Shireen said smiling as she recalled the event.

Raya chuckled at the memory, "You were glued to my side for the remainder of your visit."

"Yeah," Shireen's smile fell, "I thought I would never see you again."

Raya stopped walking and grabbed Shireen's shoulder. Brown eyes stared up at her and Raya could feel her heart breaking a little, "Shireen I'm never going to leave you."

"Promise?"

"I promise," Raya said grinning down at her cousin. Shireen reminded her of Myrcella and Tommen. Both were miles away, going on with their lives. They didn't need her anymore, but here was Shireen. She had been shielded from the horrors of the real world as much as possible. Now this Red Witch had come along and ruined everything.

"Look, there's Arya," Shireen said, walking over to the other girl. Arya saw Shireen and Raya walking over and she smiled.

"Hello Lady Shireen," Arya greeted formally, bowing slightly, in a joking manner.

"Lady Arya," Shireen said with a chuckle.

Raya looked between the girls slightly confused, "Am I missing something here? When did you two become friends?"

Shireen looked over her shoulder at Raya with a grin, "Arya helped me teach Ghost and Lady tricks."

Raya saw Arya's cheeks flush, and she was certain that it wasn't from the snow.

"That's a nice cloak Raya, where'd you get it?" Shireen asked, leaning close to look at the wolf and Stag that rested near Raya's collarbone. Shireen reached up and traced her finger over it, "That is beautiful." It was Raya's turn to blush.

"It was a gift from Sansa," Arya said with a smirk, "She made it especially for Raya."

Shireen frowned, "Oh," then her face lit up, "Do you think she'll make me one like that?"

"I can always ask, I'm sure Sansa would be more than happy to make you one," she turned to Arya, "I'm sure Sansa could make you one too. Would you also like the wolf and stag design?" Raya teased. Arya narrowed her eyes at the taller girl.