10. Split Personality

Yep, that's it I've lost my mind.

I'm full blown hallucinating.

I just witnessed a man change into a furry beast.

I looked at him as he stood not more than 3 feet in front of me, and digested everything that happened.

I could feel my head getting cloudy, it felt like I was dreaming.

My body moved towards Tyler with my hands extended towards him.

I couldn't control my actions.

I felt myself self give a low rumble within my chest.

I widened my eyes in surprise, I didn't even know I could make a sound like that.

I felt myself being to speak but I had no control.

"Hello my lovely mate. It's nice to finally meet you." I felt "myself" say.

I could hear my voice and it sounded lower and rougher.

I felt like I was being possessed.

I had no control over my actions and I was getting scared.

"I always thought that Aubree was going to go through life without knowing who I was. I'm pleased that you came into our life and snapped her to her senses." Said the other part of me.

I could feel a tear roll down my cheek.

I'm pretty sure those were mine not the other being speaking.

I couldn't handle this anymore.

I more or less climbed into a deep dark hole in the back of my mind and let myself lose it.

I felt my body sigh and my mouth say the words; "I have to go now before I do anymore damage to the girl."

And with those words I felt the foggy feeling disappear.

As the feeling dissipated I collapsed to the ground.

I felt out of breath and exhausted.

I lifted my head and realized the large wolf was still in front of me with a look of concern in its eyes.

It slowly moved towards me and nuzzled my shoulder.

My exhaustion was too much I just let the wolf put its noses against me.

I stared down at the ground and grabbed handfuls of grass while I tried to wrap my mind around what had just happened.

I must have a split personality.

I must be delusional.

And I'm also hallucinating.

I'm crazy.

That's the only logical conclusion I could come to about everything that just happened.

A hand touched my lower back.

I flinched at the beginning of the physical contact and then relaxed into it.

"Aubree, are you ok? You been sitting here silently for almost an hour."

I looked up into his eyes and stared at him like a lost puppy.

"Am I going crazy?" I whimpered.

"No Aubree. Your perfectly sane. I understand that it's difficult to to wrap you head around all of this especially when humans are taught to believe that this side of our world is fiction."

I slowly nodded my head. Not knowing what to make of everything that has happened.

'Aubree your not going crazy. Your stuck with me now.' Says the strange female voice in my head.

----------------------------------------------------
Sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter. This chapter was a real struggle to get out. I've noticed that I'm not good at segues and I needed this chapter as a transition to when the real fun begins!