18. School Daze

Hello my lovelies, today ur getting ur update a few hours early because I'm dead tired! I just wanted to say a quick thanks for getting this story to over 1000 reads! I hope that everyone is enjoying the story, feel free to leave me a comment or follow me so you can get notified of all my updates!

-----------------------------------------------------

My arms and legs felt heavy as I laid on the floor of an old wooden cottage.

I couldn't move my body but could only turn my head, and when I did I regretted it.

Above me stood Tyler with blood covering his hands and mouth, but he didn't look hateful or evil, but instead looked sad and troubled.

I tried to speak to him but all that left my mouth was a masculine garble of noises.

I looked down towards my hands to see that they weren't mine.

They belonged to a male with a large crested ring on his pointer finger.

The crest was a shield with a crescent moon with three bold dots in the shape of a triangle within it.

As I looked I could feel my lungs getting heavy.

I tried to take a breath in my breath caught in my throats causing me to cough out blood.

I could feel my vision going dark and blurry as a small tear escaped my eye.

---------------------------------------------------

I woke up that morning gasping for breath with an overwhelming sense of doom.

Not only from my horrendous nightmare but also from the fact that I had to start school today.

I honestly can't decide if I should bring up these terrifying dreams to Tyler or not.

Their more then likely just a anxiety dreams about the change that I'll be going through tomorrow night.

I rolled out of bed lazily and trudged towards my duffle bag to get some clothes that would be acceptable for a first day of school.

As I looked at the outfit that my mom packed for me for my first day of school I grumbled to myself, the frilly pink skirt and lacy embroidered white blouse were not really my style.

I really regret not going into the house and packing for myself.

I could deal with the skirt but there is no way in hell that I was going to school looking like one of those child Barbie dolls so I dug through my bag until I found a tight fitting plain black t-shirt.

Once I grabbed my clothes I sulked all the way to the bathroom and took a shower.

After I finished getting ready I saw Tyler already sitting at the kitchen table with breakfast waiting for me.

"Good Morning." He said to me as I pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Not really." I said with a grumble.

I'm definitely not looking forward to going to this new school, but at the very least I knew that I would have Tyler there with me to watch my back.

"It'll be fine little one. You'll fit in just fine at school. You can't put your life on hold for forever."

"I know," I pouted. "I'm just worried I'm not going to have control of myself and do something stupid."

Tyler shook his head as if he couldn't understand what I was saying.

"I don't think your giving yourself enough credit. Trust Accalia instincts, and trust your heart and you will do just fine."

I could feel Accalia nodding in approval to Tyler's words.

I sighed again as I grabbed the plate that Tyler had made up for me and dug in.

I won't lie and say that I'm not excited to be starting at this new school, but so many things could go wrong.

It especially didn't help that I could feel that Accalia was on edge from the general and overlaying uncertainty.

For today I just have to suck it up and get through it, I'm sure that it will become easier with time.

After Tyler and I finished eating we grabbed our bags and got into his car to drive to the school.

The drive was pretty short, it only took about 20 minutes to get there by car, but I had a feeling that if we ran it could have been a lot quicker.

We hopped out of the car after Tyler had parked and headed for the front door.

Classes didn't start for at least another hour so the only people walking the halls were staff.

We wandered around for a bit until we were able to find the main office.

Once we found it we walked up to the desk where a modestly dressed woman, who was probably in her sixties, greeted us.

"Are you two new students?" She asked sweetly.

"Ya my name is Aubree Kendrix, I was told to come here to get my schedule."

"Of course," she said as she dug through a pile of papers pulling out a single paper with may name in large print at the top. "and what's your name young man?"

"Tyler Copeland, my information got lost so you will make some paperwork up for me and give me the same schedule as Aubree." He said as his pupils filled his eyes up to the edge of his irises.

The woman's eyes became glassy as she nodded her head. "Of course Mr. Copeland, I will get your paperwork in order right away and put you in the same classes as the young lady here. If I could just have you fill out this sheet real quick then you can be on your way."

The woman turned around to a filing cabinet and pulled out a small packet for him.

I looked at Tyler with awe.

That was so weird to watch, but the woman clearly didn't realize what had just happened.

Tyler grabbed the paper and a pen from the woman and quickly filled it out and handed it back to her.

"Thank you much young man, and here is your schedule." She said and then turned back to the work she had laid out on her desk.

I quickly walked out of the office with Tyler close behind me.

"See I told you I'm a very compelling person." He said with a wink.

----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to hit that vote button!