17. Enrollment

That night I was pretty worn out after our long day.

After Tyler and I had dinner we decided that we needed to talk about school.

The idea of being in whole building full of humans that I don't know made me fear for my ability to keep my ever changing wolfiness hidden.

"I have some major concerns with school tomorrow." I said hesitantly. "What if something happens and I end up growling at someone or something like that?"

"Well, at the very least it will teach you to reign in your wolf." He said with a chuckle. "I do know that there are neighboring packs in the area that go to the schools around here, but there are also plenty of humans. So I know that you'll be able to blend in."

I sighed dramatically and tugged at the hem of my shirt.

"What about my brother Nathan? He's a sophomore this year. If there are other wolves there don't you think that could be a problem?"

"More then likely, yes. He smells like a were so the others may approach him and tell him things that he may not be ok with hearing from them."

I felt a wave of panic and sorrow come over me.

"I need to tell him don't I?"

I knotted my hands together and thought about what reaction he may have.

Knowing Nathan he would probably think that it's awesome but I don't know if I can bring myself to throw his simple world into chaos.

"Just a thought, but it might be easier to tell him after you shift. That way you can show him. It may be hard for him to believe you otherwise." Tyler said while he looked like he was deep in thought.

I sighed and pushed my chair back from the dinner table.

As I walked to the kitchen to clean our dishes I could feel Tyler's eyes on me causing a shiver to run up my spine.

"I'm going to enroll in your school. Just to make sure everything goes smoothly." Tyler said in a firm voice.

I let out a hearty laugh and turned to look at Tyler.

"Your going to go back to high school? What would make you even want to do that?" I chuckled out as I looked for the humor in his eyes, but was not able to find any.

"It will be safer that way. I can keep a watch on you and your brother to make sure you guys don't get pulled into any trouble." He said seriously.

He stood up from the table and sauntered over to me.

As he closed the distance between us I could feel my heart rate increase and my body get hot.

His affect on me has only become stronger over the past couple of days and it was beginning to become very overwhelming.

Tyler raised his hand and caressed my cheek.

"With all of the other wolves there it could be dangerous, especially since most of them are probably in a pack. I just want to be there to make sure you don't get hurt."

I felt Accalia purr in the back of my mind from his caring touch.

"I won't stop you." I said breathily. "It would make school so much easier by at least knowing one person."

"Good, since that's settled the only thing we'll have to do is go there early so I can compel myself in." He said with a light hearted chuckle.

"It still wigs me out that you can just convince people of pretty much anything you want."

I felt a pain of guilt shoot through me but I knew that I needed to ask. "Have you compelled me since we met?"

I could see the hurt in his eyes after I asked.

"I would never do that to you." He said plainly.

"I'm sorry but you can't really blame me for having to ask." I said with a flush of embarrassment spreading over my cheeks.

"I don't blame you but it still stinks that you think I would do that to you. Besides it not as easy to compel supernaturals, and the closer you are to them emotionally the more difficultly it becomes."

"I see, but didn't you compel my mom?" I questioned.

"Ya, it wasn't as easy as your father but since she wasn't protecting her mind I was able to manage." He explained. "I can teach you how to block compulsion and mind links once your able to form a connection with me or your brother if he decides to accept his wolf."

"Alright," I said as I yawned "I think that would be good to know."

There was still so much in this new life of mine that I didn't understand, but hopefully in time I will be able to understand all of it.

"All in due time, girl. We could make it easier by letting our mate mark us now so he could teach us." Accalia said slyly.

"Speaking of which, what does Accalia mean by you needing to mark us?" I asked quizzically.

I could see Tyler's eyes darken instantly with lust, as he let out a low rumble from his chest.

"Wolves mate for life so the marking is to complete the mate bond. We'll bite a spot on each other neck." He said as he stared at my neck.

"The thing is though, that the pull of the bond will continue to make it harder and harder for us to resist each other. Eventually it will end with us mixing our essence in a sense." He said In a low horse voice.

"Oh." I said quietly as I knitted my fingers together.

Tyler took a deep calming breath in and cleared his throat.

"Don't worry Aubree we don't have to do anything your not ready for, but after you shift you'll feel the full effects of the mate bond. It will be much harder to resist then it is now."

I could help but feel self conscious as Tyler looked me over as though he had "plans" for me.

"All in due time, Tyler." I said as I tried to emulate the cool collected attitude of Accalia.

Tyler let out a soft chuckle and kissed me on the cheek.

"Go to bed Aubree, we have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow." He said as he nudged me towards the bedroom door.

"Goodnight Tyler." I said as I quietly stepped through the bedroom doorway, gently closing the door behind me.

I felt a bit overwhelmed, but I could tell that Tyler was doing his best to help me through everything.

After I had changes into my pajamas I curled up into Tyler's blankets and tried to let sleep overtake me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!