Chapter 23

Madi's POV

I woke up the next morning at 5 and couldn't fall back asleep. My mom told me to take some medicine. My stupid stomach was aching and my head was pounding. At 7 I decided to finally get up and get ready for school. My mom said she would drive me. We pulled in front of the school next to the crosswalk. "Are you sure you're feeling alright Madison." I hated when she called me that. My mom looked over at me with a worried expression.

"I think so," I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. "I'll call you if I don't feel well, okay?" She nodded. I got out of the car and walked towards the building.

History class was going by way too slowly. My teacher Mrs.Anderson was going on about the civil war and how the north and south fought for no reason. As if I hadn't learned any of this in 8th grade. I pulled out my phone and set it in my lap. One new text from Marcel.

   Marcel <3: Hey Madi, call me when you get out of school. I just want to hear your voice again. I really miss you.

  I put my phone away when Mrs. Anderson turned away from the white board. I felt my phone vibrate again in my pocket. Louis, who was a few seats away from me smiled at me looked down at my phone in my lap.

  Louis: Hey love, Wanna hang out after school? I'd love to see the dress you got.

   I smiled and replied.

  Me: Yeah, sure :)

   I put my phone away and finished taking notes.

  During passing period, Louis walked me to my science class.

   "So what does it look like?" He was asking about the dress.

   "Simple, yellow, strapless." I chuckled. "Not that exciting but, I like it." He smiled.

   "You don't sound too excited about it." He stated.

   "I am. I'm really excited. I've just been really busy lately and stressed out with finals. I haven't had the chance to think about it." He nodded. We walked in silence for a minute before he slid his fingers in between mine. He squeezed my hand, I smiled down at my feet and continued walking.

   But not much later, I felt that  familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach. I covered my mouth and ran into the girls bathroom just in time. I leaned against the stall once I finished throwing up my breakfast. I felt the hot tears stream down my cheeks. A million thoughts racing through my mind to the point where my head hurt. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the bathroom. Louis looked worried and rushed to my side.

   "Hey, you alright? Do you need to go to the nurse?" I shook my head and closed my eyes. I felt dizzy on my feet and my head was still punding from this morning.

   "Madi? You okay?" His voice was fading away. I felt my body go numb as I blacked out.

   I woke up to the smell of a hospital. To my luck it wasn't an actual hospital. Just the nurse's office. I saw my mom talkung to the nurse. Her expression showed horror, as if she had just been told she had 12 hours to live.

   "What's going on?" I said groggily. I looked around the room and saw Louis in the corner. He looked furious. Knuckles white and teeth clenched. Everyone looked over at me.

   "Madi. You're awake." The nurse walked over to me. My mom looked at me with a  sympathetic look. "Well um, while you were asleep, we took a small blood sample to try to find out what was wrong with you and why you fainted. The results came back and...well... I dont know how to say this."

   "Just tell me. What's going on?"

   "Madi...You're pregnant."

(Boom) -Grace