Chapter 6

Madi's P.O.V

  The weekend flew by too fast. I'm in no hurry to go to school today. I walk into school and get glares, laughs, sympathetic looks, and whispers. I ignore it all. I don't know what everyone's problem is. Is it because I'm friends with Marcel?

   I brush it off and walk to my locker. I feel some relief when my two of my friends Trisha and Grace came to straighten everything out.

   "How could you be so stupid!" Trisha screamed. My smile instantly faded.

   "What are you talking about?" I said with confusion.

   "You dumped Louis! He's heartbroken without you. He skipped school because he couldn't bare to see you and Marcel together!"

   "What are you talking about? I'm still dating Louis. And what do you mean see me and Marcel together?"

   "You guys are dating." She said in a duh tone.

   "WHO SAID THAT?!" I yelled.

   "Marcel. Ever since Friday he's been telling everyone that you two are dating." Grace said. I was mad. Ok mad wasn't the right word. I was furious. I can't beleive him! I walked away from them and looked for Marcel. I found him by his locker.

   "What is wrong with you!" I yelled. He jumped from my sudden outburst and turned around.

   "umm...umm M-madi I-I c-can explain." He said trying to calm me down.

   "You lied to everyone and said I was your girlfriend! I told you I'm not hurting Louis!"

   "I'm sorry Madi. I was just telling a few people that we kissed and they started assuming that we're dating." He said nervously.

   "No one was even supposed to know that we kissed! That kiss was a mistake Marcel! That's all it will ever be is a mistake! And did you ever deny the fact that we were dating to anyone?" He shook his head no.

   "Marcel, I will never date you! No one will ever date you! Get that through your head! Think about it, the nerd doesn't get the girl! The popular guy does! You're not the popular guy and you never will be!" And with that I stormed off. Out of the school. Leaving Marcel.

*************************

(10 minutes later)

   I pulled up to a house that was too familiar. I have to see him. I have to let him know that i'm not with Marcel. I have to let him know that I love him and only him.

   I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Lou's mum always told me I could just come right in but it didn't feel right. A few seconds went by until someone answered the door. It was Louis' mum.

   "Hi Madi." She said with a blank expression instead of her bubbly personality.

   "I need to see Louis."

   "He's not feeling well, I'll have him call you instead." She said about to close the door.

   "No, please. I just need to straighten things out between us."

   She thought about it for a moment before opening the door all the way. I walked inside.

   "He's in his room." She said.

   "Thank you." I ran up the steps and opened the door to his room. He was burried in blankets and was sniffing every few seconds. His back was towards me. I walked into the room and closed the door behind me.

   "Mum please go away." Louis said. It was obvious he'd been crying.

    "It's me." I said softly. He stayed silent snd sat up so he could see me. His eyes were red and puffy.

    "I don't want to see you Madi. Or you're excuse of a boyfriend." He said.

   "He's not my boyfriend."

   "Then why did you kiss him?"

   "Because I pitied him. He gets bullied by everyone at school, not just you. All the girls reject him. He's never kissed a girl, he's never went on a date, he's never even had a nice comment from a girl until I came. I didn't mean it as an act of love or an excuse to purposely hurt you. I just felt bad for him. I still love you Louis. I don't wanna lose you." He stayed silent and thought about what I just said.

    "Promise?" He asked. ""Promise me you won't hurt me anymore. Intentional or not?"

   "I promise I won't hurt you ever again Louis." He smiled and stood up. He walked over to me and pressed his lips against mine. I smiled into the kiss knowing that I got him back.