Chapter 4

Marcel's P.O.V

   Today at school, the Louis Tomlinson was actually being nice to me. He let me sit with him and his friends at lunch, he calls me his friend instead of a nerd or loser, and honestly I think he's changed. He seems like he's a better person now. It's the end of the day now. I can't wait for tonight when we hang out at the park. I can finally say I have actual friends.

   "Marcel I need to talk to you." Madi says next to me. I close my locker and face her.

   "What's wrong?" I ask.

   "You can't be friends with Louis." She states.

   "Why not"? I ask narrowing my eyebrows.

   "Think about it Marcel, Louis has been tormenting you since 7th grade. Do you honestly think that he changed in 3 hours?" She asks crossing her arms.

   "Yes, I do Madi. I think he's become a better person. And I'm going to the park tonight."

   "Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." She says and walks away.

   7:00 P.m

   I put on a blue hoodie and walked out the door. It's October so it's pretty cold outside. I walk to the park in a 10 minute walk. It's now dark outside and there's no one around. I look around and see Louis and his friends standing by a tree laughing. I walk over to them an their smiles fade. They look mad.

   "Hey guys." I say with a small wave. They walk over to me with a blank expression, Louis looks furious. He stands in front of me and punches me right in the chin.

   "What the hell Louis?" I yell. Anger rose up in me.

   "You actually thought we would ever be friends with you?" Liam asks amused. I look down.

   "Guess you're not as smart as everyone thinks you are." Niall says.

   Louis picks me up by the collar of my shirt and pins me up against a tree.

   "I know that you have a crush on my girlfriend. It's just too obvious. For the next 2 months while you guys are doing this project, you won't make any attempt to make her fall for you. If she gets the slightest feeling of love for you, I'll make you sorry you ever knew Madi. Got it?" He says calmly

   "It's not your choice! If Madi likes me then that's her own choice!" I yell. Louis looks at Niall and Zayn. Them two both kick me in the stomach and in the chest. I groan from the pain. Louis picks me back up.

   "GOT IT?" He yells. I nod my head slowly. He pushes me to the ground. My hair is messed up from being thrown to the floor and there is dirt on my clothes. They all start laughing and walk home. I lay on the cold ground. Weak. Useless. I guess i've always been that way though. Weak. Useless. And Pathetic. They're right. I guess i'm too stupid to think that Louis would actually be my friend. Or at least be nice to me.

  Madi's P.O.V

I know Louis is going to do something. I just know it. God I hate him. He'll never change. The nice person inside me became too worried about Marcel and got in the car. He better be okay. I pull into the parking lot and get out. I walk around in the dark trying to find them. I look and find Marcel under a tree laying on the ground. Oh no.

   I run over to him. He looks pretty beat up. His lip is bleeding and he's clutching his stomach in pain.

   "Marcel." I say while shaking him lightly. His eyes open for a minute but then he closes them knowing I was here.

   "Tell me what happened." I say quietly.

   "Y-you were right." He mumbles. "Louis won't change." He whispers.

   "It's OK. Lets get you cleaned up." I say giving him my hand. He took it and we both stand up and walk to the car.

   After a 5 minute drive in silence, we pulled into my drive-way. My parents are always on business trips so they're not home. Marcel and I walk inside and up to my room.

   "Get in the shower. I'll get you some of my dad's clothes." He nods and walks into the bathroom connected to my room. I change into a pair of sweats and a tank top and plop onto my bed. I turn on a random cartoon which happens to be spongebob. I hear the water turn off so Marcel should be done. 10 minutes later he walks into the room wearing just the basketball shorts. I can't help but stare. My jaw drops slightly. He had a toned chest that was bruised badly. I can't help but notice his abs. The nerd of the school has abs! His damp hair fell into perfect curls. And his gorgeous green eyes shimmer. Honestly, he looks hot.

   "Um y-you didn't give me a shirt." He says noticing me staring.

   "Oh, sorry." I get up and walk to my parents room. I get one of my dad's shirts and walk back. He's lying on the bed looking emotionless. He lets out a heavy sigh.

   "I'm sorry I didn't believe you Madi. I should've known he couldn't change." He said. He sat up and I hand him the shirt. I watched intently as he slides the grey v-neck over his chest.

   "What're you staring at?" He asks pulling me back to reality.

   "Um nothing." I say looking down. It's only 8:00 so we still have time before we should be getting to bed.

   "Wanna work on the project?" I suggest.

   "Sure." He says. We get out the papers and folders we need. Basically we just have to research a certain animal, write a 2 page essay on it, print out pictures and put it all on a poster board. We're doing our project on the panda.

   "Ok so how about you type the project and I'll look up some pictures." He says. I nod. He hands me the rough draft he wrote and our hand brush against each others. I look up and saw that we were too close to each other. Only a few inches apart. Once again I found myself lost in his green eyes. He started leaning in. I move back and once I returned to reality and stood up. We're both silent.

  "S-sorry I shouldn't have... um." He says lost for words.

   "Marcel, have you ever kissed a girl?"

   "No." He says embarrased. He looks down at his hands. I sit back down in front of him and our faces were inches apart once again.

   "I'll be your first." I say. I take his hand in mine. I can see how nervous he is. His hands start to shake. We both close our eyes. Our lips only centimeters apart. I can feel his hot breath on my lips. A few seconds later his lips press against mine. It was like a firework going off. Electricity runs through me. I've never had this feeling when I kissed Louis. Louis. What am I doing? I quickly pull away and stand up. Marcel scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

  "I-i'm sorry. I just...I can't cheat on Louis." I say honestly.

   "Even after what he did to me? You still can't see that he's a jerk?"

   "Marcel I'm sorry. I can't hurt him like that." He sighs in defeat.

A/N: What do you guys think is gonna happen next? Comment your thoughts! Give me feedback. Thank you fellow unicorns!

- Randy the unicorn!...jk -Grace xx