Chapter 7

Marcel's P.O.V

    Is this what heartbreak feels like? I never had any girlfriend to break my heart before. I guess Madi was the closest I ever got to it. Her words just kept replaying in my head like a broken record.

   Marcel, I will never date you! No one will ever date you! Get that through your head! Think about it, the nerd doesn't get the girl! The popular guy does! You're not the popular guy and you never will be!

   I'm going to prove to her that I can get the girl. She says i'm not the popular guy...well that's all about to change. I'm sick of being a nobody. I think it's time to be a somebody.

   I got out of bed at 6:00 to get ready for school. I walked to the bathroom and felt the cool tile under my bare feet. I turned on the water to the shower and waited for it to warm up. I looked at myself in the mirror. It's a habit of mine now to point out my flaws. I took off my glasses and the rest of my clothes and stepped in the shower. I ran my fingers through my hair getting rid of the gel. I quickly washed my hair and body and stepped out. I wrapped a towel around my waist. I cleared the fog off of the mirror and looked at myself once again. My hair was curly and I didn't have those huge glasses on so my eyes were more noticeable. I put my contacts in so I could see better. I skipped putting gel in my hair and walked to my closet.

   I have other clothes besides vests and dress pants but not much. I put on a pair of grey boxers and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans that belonged to Gemma. They don't fit her, they're too big. I slid them on with ease. I decided on wearing a white v-neck for a shirt and white converse to match. I looked at myself in the mirror once again. I could barely recognize myself. I've never looked this good. I can't wait to see what people at school think.

   Madi's P.O.V

I pulled into the parking lot of the school. I stepped out of my car and slung my bag over my shoulder. I walked slowly towards the school entrance. I'm in no mood to go to school today. I don't want to see Marcel.

   Once I was inside, I walked over to my locker and spun the dial until it popped open. I turned to my left and saw a bunch of girls surrounding Marcel's locker. Should I go help him? I'm still a little mad at him but I still feel sorry for him. I decided against it. I took the books from my locker and placed them in my bag.

   "MADI!" Grace screamed making me jump. Her and Trisha ran towards me.

   "Have you seen Marcel?!" Trisha screamed smiling. Ok?

   "Ya, I feel sorry for him. I can't stand it when people pick on him."

    "Pick on him? Madi! He's different! He's popular now and really hot!" Grace screamed.

   I looked at them confused and then looked back to Marcel's locker. I could now see him. He looked so different. He wasn't wearing his glasses, he wore cool clothes, and his hair was once again in curls. He looked...amazing.

   He walked down the halls with girls all around him. He looked a little annoyed by their presence but was smiling. His smile faded though once he saw me. He quickly looked away and kept walking. I need to talk to him. I wanna know why he did all this.

**************************************

   -Grace xx