#7 The missing patients

Start from the beginning

I blocked him again and the fork in my hand fell down the floor.

I think I was overestimating my power, I have forgotten the fact that I have been in coma all these days, my body was not responding like I want it to.

It was just a fleeting moment, but Vijay had me cornered.

"Give up" Vijay said "No one's here to help you" he raised the knife and I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain.

"You are wrong" I heard her voice.

SLAM-

"Aah.."vijay supported his injured hand with the other and the knife fell down the floor.

I opened my eyes in shock and saw the girl in nurse uniform standing with the saline holder.

Varsha.

I looked at the guy who was looking at me with murdering eyes and took a step back.

My hands were trembling too much, loosening my hand on the iron rod.

"You bitch" the killer turned to me and slapped, hard, I was thrown back with the impact.

"Move!" I heard Shahid shout on the background but I was too dizzy to do anything.

The killer was obviously going to hurt me and I cringed, But before that, He was again kicked away by Shahid.

"Are you alright?" he gave me a look before turning to the guy on the floor.

I nodded and got up and both of us faced the murderous guy in front.

"I never thought you would replace your wife this soon,shahid" he said and all the calmness went out of him, shahid turned pure evil as he lunged at the guy.

"No!" I shouted as he was slammed to the wall forcefully and I ran forward and tried to remove him off shahid.

"I will deal with you later,bitch" he kicked me and I fell down on the hard floor, knocking my breath away.

They both were still struggling with the knife and I watched, horrified as Shahid lost to him.

I looked around wildly and my eyes fell on the fork that was on the floor, next to me.

I took it and dragged myself  to them.

I slashed it with all my strength to the guy's leg and his cry echoed in the room.

Shahid used the opportunity and stabbed the knife to him, The guy fell down, he struggled for a moment before he stilled.

"Let's..let's..get out of here" I was shaking from head to foot, but I know we have no other way now.

"I..can't move..I will slow you down" Shahid leaned to the wall, Clutching his bandages and breathing hard.

"Are you crazy? They Are going to send others for you" I got up and ran to the side.

"Sit here" I brought the wheelchair to him and supported him to sit.

"But who are you?" he asked as I pulled up the face mask and corrected the nurse's uniform.

"We have the same enemy" I said and I pushed the wheelchair out and hurried through the dark corridor.

"You are going to end up in trouble"

"I don't care, I want to kill someone and I don't know whom to trust" I said again.

"What!?" shahid shouted "You want me to kill someone?"

"You already killed a person just now" I reasoned.

"He's not dead, I made sure not to hurt his vital organs"