♦️ Chapter 27 || It Was You♦️

Start from the beginning

Jake holds me tightly as I cry. He holds the back of my head as if he might lose me. I felt so safe in his arms, I never wanted to let go.

Jake casually lies down with me holding onto him and that's how I fell asleep again.

• • •

"Here let me help you" Jake says with that devilish smirk that makes me want to slap his face.

"No. I-I got it" I protest as I struggle to get off of his motorcycle.

Jake just shrugs as he takes my helmet and walks back to 'get a better view', "Let me know when you give up."

I grunt as giving up is never an option.

"You break it you bought it! Remember that Princess!" He shouts as he laughs.

"Stop calling me that!" I say with annoyance. Truth is I actually have grown fond of the nickname.... the way he says it just makes me melt on the inside.

Jake laughs as I swing my leg over his bike causing myself to fall right to the ground in the most clumsiest manner, Jake of course breaks out in an uncontrollable laughter causing people to stare.

Once he sobers up he decided to help me to my feet, "That was amazing baby cakes!"

I roll my eyes "Can you please just pick a nickname and stick to it?"

He shrugs as we walk towards the entrance, "Nope."

Jake wraps his arms around my back and pulls me closer to his side as we walk, "It all depends on my mood... and what you are doing" he states with a wink.

My heart flutters, I don't know why it just does.

I look up ahead only to find several people.... correction the entire school watching me as Jake and I enter the school. I could hear several whispers going on about me.

I pull my hood over my head and look down at the ground trying to hide from their gazes. I felt Jake pull me closer. I look up at him and he is giving several people his death glare that I once feared, that look could kill a small army, but the thing is... I'm not so scared of it anymore.

I felt a small blush creep onto my cheeks as I looked at Jake when I realized he was giving people his glare because they were making me uncomfortable.

Jake looks down at me and gives me a reassuring smile and rubs the small of my back, "No one messes with my princess."

I could quickly feel my small blush turn into a deep blush, I could tell my face was as red as a tomatoe the second Jake chuckles. He pulls down my hood and rubs my head, "You don't need that on. I like seeing your pretty little face."

There it goes... my heart basically stops and I can feel myself melt away.

I hear his light chuckle as we enter the school. Hearing his laughter makes me feel... safe.

If you told me that I would become friends with Jake a few months ago, I would have never believed you. I would have thought you were completely insane.

"What goes on in that cute little head of yours?" He questions as he notices my face in deep thought.

I shrug, "What goes on in my mind is my business and my business only."