Family Reunion

~*~

I drove back the the hospital with a scrapbooks in hand. My mom loved taking picture and said that putting them in scrapbooks was a way to make memories last. I hope this can jump start her memories. And yes I do remember the nurse saying to let her adjust by herself but come on! Did you really expect me to leave my one living family member alone? Oh hell no!

I signed in and headed to my mom's room. I knocked then entered, "Hi, I thought this would help jog your memory." I hand her the scrapbooks, one from when my parents got married, one from when they had me, and one from when I was four. I know that she supposedly remembered that stuff but I thought that it would help her believe that I was telling the truth. She looked through them all and when she got to the one from when 4 or 5 she gasped.

"How is this possible? I had just printed it, I was about to put it in the scrapbook when I heard screaming

"How is this possible? I had just printed it, I was about to put it in the scrapbook when I heard screaming." I remembered that day, well, I had fallen of the neighbors trampoline and cracked my head, so I had heard a lot about it.  The screaming she had talked about was the neighbors daughter when blood was pooling out of my head. That had been the first major accident in my family. Maybe her life was flashing before her eyes and then she woke up when she was reliving this memory. I looked at mom, "Yeah, I wasn't allowed to go to Kacie's house after that , you said their parents should've been keeping a closer eye on me." Mom looked at me with sad eyes, "Have I really forgotten all of this." she gestured to me, referencing me growing. I shook my head, "No you have been there every step of the way, but you and Dad were in an accident recently." at the mention of Dad, Mom perked up. "Where is he? Your father?" I almost started to cry, of course she didn't remember that dad died. I looked at her tears swelled in my eyes, "Dad... He didn't make it out of surgery." When those words left my mouth it was as if Mom had snapped, everything had come back, but she wasn't the same.

"It's YOUR FAULT!" Her words shocked me, "W-what do y-you mean?" She pulled my wrist towards her, "IF YOU HADN'T GOTTEN ADMITTED INTO THE HOSPITAL, YOUR FATHER WOULDN'T HAVE RUSHED BACK FROM WORK. I WOULD'VE BEEN WITH MY CLIENTS IN THE NEXT TOWN OVER. BUT NO, YOUR DUMB ASS HAD TO GET ATTACKED!" The nurses rushed in to try to calm down my mother, or at least what was left of her, "NO! THIS DUMB BITCH RUINED OUR FAMILY, SHE CAUSED HER FATHER TO COME BACK FROM WORK EARLY AND THEN HE GOT IN THE ACCIDENT! I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING PUNISHED FOR THAT, SHE SHOULD." The nurses took me out of the room and told me to head home, and that is exactly what I did.

I drove to my old house, and came in, on the verge of a break down. "WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP LEAVING ME! WHY! WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE ONE HAPPY DAY IN ALL THIS CHAOS! WHY CAN'T I BE EXCEPTED!" I punched the wall and what was left was a gaping hole, that hole was still smaller than the one in my heart. I sunk down to the floor, balled up and cried. I cried and cried and cried until I had no tears left.  While I was crying I never noticed that my hand was bleeding. I went to clean my wound and put bandages on it. I called Eva, who was currently at work, and when she didn't answer I left her a voicemail. "Hey, on your way home do you think you could pick  up some bandages, I am in no condition to drive. Also get ice cream... buckets of it. I'll pay you back." I hung up.

I walked back home, Eva's house, and went to lay down on the couch. I drifted off into my thoughts once more, Well that wasn't the family reunion I had hoped for.

~*~