CHAPTER 19

VRUSHALI P.O.V

Finally I reached the hospital. I rushed inside  the emergency ward holding back all the grudges I had against him. I could sense people around me seeing peculiarly but I couldn't care about it. Dr.Dhivya was waiting outside and stopped me.

  "What happened Dhivya ? Is he okay? "

" Vrushali relax, now he is okay "

"Thank God but what happened to him ? " 

" He had  cut his nerves Vrushali. We have saved him at the right time. He has nearly lost two litres of blood, we have arranged for blood transfusion and now we have infused ringer lactate solution " Arjun told to me from behind my back.

"What !!! He attempted suicide huh ?"  My heart ached thinking about that.

I sat on the chair and tried to calm myself down. Arjun was a bit tensed too and he tried to comfort me. Dhivya took me aside.

"What is going on Dhivya? I know  you keep your client's details very confidential but now you have called me here and he has attempted suicide ! Everything is surprising for me "

"Vrushali I know he is your ex husband and only thing I can tell is, he needs and wants a companion and only when he gets a companion he can cure completely  !"

"What's exactly is his problem Dhivya ? am really confused !"

" I can't tell anything more Vrushali "

I sighed, then why did she even call me !

"Then why did you call me here "

" Vrushali I called you because he still loves you and only you can heal his wounded soul. I know what I am doing is not usual and I have refrained my professional ethics because  my client needs a good companion and friend"

"Dhivya this is something I can't do and moreover he never loved me and never manifested any feelings for me and why do you even think he needs me ??? He needs his family and friends and I am not even his friend but just a past cloud "

"Vrushali you know that sometimes we miss to see the efforts others put for us and see the real soul behind a mask and I can't tell anything more. Vasu will not appreciate that. I just want you to go in and talk to him now. Give him confidence. No one knows that I called you especially Vasu, except me no one knows he is your ex husband. I tried all ways to put him together but he is still broken "

I was speechless and I sat on the chair. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Dhivya sat next to me and gave tissues to wipe my tears.

"I feel sorry for him but I am afraid to have any kind of relationship with him. He has hurt me doing nothing. He made me feel isolated and that pain can be understood by people who go through it and no one else. I can't do this. Only now I am in a happy space, I don't want myself broken again.He loved a girl I can help you to contact her. Maybe she can help him and that's the only thing I can do and nothing else. "

"Vrushali please help him. I wouldn't have asked your help if you were not this strong and brilliant "

"Sorry Dhivya, by trying to fix his broken pieces I will end up cutting myself "

" But a strong person will make an art out of broken pieces and make things beautiful and the person who fixed the broken will only feel the most happiest. I can't tell anything else it's your choice and I can still see that you love him too. "

With that she walked away. But she stopped and turned to see me.

"Arjun doesn't know that Vasu is your ex and he thinks you came here by chance. So please maintain that. I don't want anyone to know about Vasu's past ".

I nodded my head. My legs wanted to run away but my love for him makes me stand here and go and talk to him. He needs help and I can't run away. What is exactly happening? Why he did this ? Does he really love me ?

To know all this I have to talk to him. But this time I am going to be strong and never let him hurt me. I walked towards the room he is. Arjun was standing outside.

"Am really still shocked to see him like this. He never showed any signs of suicidal thoughts till yesterday. Thank God, I sensed something was fishy and broke his room door, it was cat on the wall. He would have lost his life if I was few minutes late."

I nodded my head.

"But how did you know he is here Vrushi ? "

"I wanted to thank him so tried to reach him and came to know about this "

"Oh ok. It's late go home am going to stay here with him. We tried calling his parents but we couldn't reach. "

"Arjun I will stay and be with him. He has helped me a lot so you go. You need to rest, this time of the year you will have overloaded work "

"Hey nothing like that ! I can stay with him. It is not at all issue. Don't burden yourself "

"Arjun I insist so please let me "

He was surprised and nodded his head and left.

I prepared myself to face this unpredictable decision I have made. I am not entering his life as a partner but just as a person helping him to regain his strength and to give him the hope to live. After that I will part my ways with him and live my life. I can't be with a man who is a complete opposite of me. But my mind asked me whether that was even possible. I don't know I will be ready to face anything for him.

I pushed the door open. A nurse was checking him busily and enquired who I was and I introduced myself as a friend. She left after confirmation. I sat on the chair beside the bed he was lying down. He was sleeping and his wrist was dressed and next a doctor entered and prepared for blood transfusion. I waited outside with lots of emotions and memories hitting me.

  I can empathise him and as a human being I have to help him, I know he will not accept my help first but later he will accept. After an hour he was fine but he was asleep. He was tired and Arjun told he was semi conscious when he saved him. I waited near him. It was two at the night, the room was lit  by dim yellow light. I couldn't sleep. I was seated just seeing his face.

His face was tired and pale. I couldn't see his wrist for more than a second it pierced my heart, I ran my fingers on his forehead and admired the fine features of his face. I have never admired him so close, this thought made me happy and excited. I am afraid that I am falling for him again, it can cut me again but still I want to try this, now I can't back off.

He was in deep sleep. His hands have saved many people and now let me save him from drowning. My lips wanted to kiss him but my ego held me back. But I know my ego will loosen up.

I rested my head near him. The finely sculpted cheek bones and the stubble always made him look handsome and when his lips twitched for a smile he will make every female hearts yearn for him.

I stood up and wiped the sweat on his forehead and rubbed his forehead and without even a second thought my lips were on his forehead. I kissed his forehead and that made every nerves of mine excited and I can feel excitement all over my body. It was like taking a drug, activating every cell of my body. 

I ran my fingers on his cheeks and chin. I kissed him on his cheeks and chin and I could feel him moving. I lifted my head to see his eyes wide open !!!!

( That was a very emotional chapter. Was very hard to put all those emotions into words. Hope you all liked it.

Please do vote and comment my dear readers. Support me please. So please vote ❤ )