CHAPTER 12

( The health  organisations  I potray here are my imagination. It is not exactly how organisations work but little bit similar. So don't compare it with any real organisations)

VRUSHALI P.O.V

    Mrs.Delilah our senior colleague instructed our team to make a schedule for the upcoming awareness programme about mental health in the nearby villages. We were three members, Sakshi, Rahul and I. Both of them don't know the local language and I have to help them throughout this programme.

We prepared schedule for 3 days and made every arrangements. We got permission from the government officials and they were so supportive and extended their support, which actually is surprising. The Government Hospital also joined with us to offer medical assistance and thanks to our Chief psychiatrist, he convinced the Government doctors to join us.

    After two days I was a bit free and I went through every patients history and made a report about every patient under my observation and mailed it to Ms.Raveena another Psychiatrist who I mostly work along with. She changed dosage of drugs for some in house patients  and adviced me to give more activities to Depression affected patients.

   I went to the Residence of the patients. Many people have have a wrong and funny image about mentally ill people, thanks to our media and movies. Actually they are not harmful unless we harm them, some may be aggressive but they can be calmed down. I met few in mates and gathered them all in the main hall and had a fun session with them. The psychiatric nurses  helped me  conducting the session.

   It was time for check up, I took along with me the  psychiatrist Ms.Raveena, to check up  some patients who needed extra attention and care. We visited Bipolar patients, the bipolar affected person may experience maniac or depression. The maniac patients will cooperate a bit but those experiencing depressive episode cannot  cooperate , few even started to cry, after an hour of convincing we finished the check up and saw their progress. Some were progressing but mostly it was hard to bring progress, they miss their family but they lack family support so it is worsening their condition.

    I made an activity chart for depression affected patients. They have to be given work and by keeping them busy we can make them avoid overthinking. Our organisation gives vocational training to the patients and allot each person a work according to their skills and choice. Some bake cookies in the pantry which are sold. Some do gardening very well and the garden products are also sold. Some patients are IIT graduates and engineers, they prefer to teach the special children in our special school.

    Education system is nowadays making people more vulnerable to mental disorders and the number of graduates with high grades  getting mentally is so high and really sad. It is pathetic to see a person who is highly successful and very intelligent getting depressed and unable to use their potential for them and others. They itself feel sorry about it and crave for family support but the families are unable to accept the truth and them.

   I finished the work and went to the garden to see special children playing around happily and building a unique rapport within themselves. The very sight of them made me smile. So innocent and so special they're. Their teachers brought   some balloons and helped them to fill water in it and I too joined them and we had fun playing water games. I laughed my heart out.

  It was seven in the evening. I locked my cupboard and walked out. Mrs.Delilah our senior psychologist  had a number of people outside her cabin waiting for their session. I messaged her that I am leaving and went to my car. I ignited the car and just then Fahee called me. I cut her call and messaged her that I am driving. I was half my way  again I received a call, it was Faheema.