•Graduation•

A week had went by and Maya was getting ready for graduation. After learning that Mr. Gold had been sent out of town, she was determined to not let anything stop her. She was working on taking her final finals right now and was ready to finally finish. She decided against college because it seemed like she was more needed in town, and besides no one there had actually college degrees anyway. Most of them even married before they could even graduate.

Maya was in her room with her papers spread around her bed. She took turns with each set of classes. Since she doubled up with some of her classes she had to learn to separate each of them as well.

She heard a knock on the wall and looked to see her dad. "Hey princess, how's it going?" He asked as he sat down a bag of granny's on her nightstand.

"Pretty good. At this rate I'll pass." She smiled up to him.

"That's optimistic." He chuckled lightly. "I got you a grilled cheese and fries." He smiled.

"My favorite. Thank you." She smiled at the bag and took a sip of the lemonade next to it.

"Keep up the good work." He said kindly.

"Thanks dad." She smiled before eating. She looked at her phone to see Zach calling. She answered it and talked to him. He once again wasn't sure what to wear to a fancy gathering. She told him just to wear normal clothes but he wasn't having it. He insisted that he needed to be well dressed and Maya thought it was sweet of him.

After hanging up Maya finished eating and began to study again. She heard a knock at the door and opened her curtain to look down and see who it was. She saw her dad opening the door and Zach standing there. "Zach?" She asked confused. "What are you here for?"

"I wanted to help you study." He said looking up to her. "If that's okay. I guess it would be good for me to have some of the common knowledge of a high schooler." He smiled.

She chuckled. "Okay I could use the help." She answered as she looked to her mom and dad.

"Maybe study down here." David said looking to her with a stern face.

"But all of my things are already separated up here." Maya said looking to him.

"Then keep the curtain open." He said looking to her.

"Wait you don't think-" she started as David looked down guiltily. "- dad!" She sighed as she opened the curtain. She was so embarrassed that he would even think like that.

She saw her mom laugh. "This isn't funny." She said with a pout.

"It's kind of funny." She smiled up to her from the bottom.

Maya looked to Zach who was beat red. "So can we study?" He asked putting his hands in his pockets. "And only study." He added looking up to David.

"Just.. go study." David said as he looked to Snow who laughed more. Zach went upstairs and Maya covered her face before looking to him.

"I'm sorry he can be a bit-" she started whispering.

"Over protective. Paranoid. Proned to drawing conclusions. Just to name a few." Zach whispered back nervously. "I would never do anything like that, in a place and atmosphere like this." He said looking to her.

"I know." She smiled lightly. "How about we just get to studying." She sighed lightly still feeling a slight blush on her face. She sat down on her bed and Zach sat on the other side.

"So what do you want to study first?" He asked looking at her saying study loudly.

"I'll study English first." She said just as loudly.