Chapter 1

This story starts from when Clary comes home from pandemonium after bumping into Jace and seeing demons being killed. She runs home to Jocelyn and instead of circle members attacking their home Jocelyn tells Clary everything and takes her to the New York institute. She also tells Clary about Valentine and how he is her real father, but she prefers to keep the last name Fray. In this book Luke and Jocelyn just got married.

This is my first fanfic I've written so I have no idea if anyone will read it, comment on it or even see it but I hope its okay and if you do read it please let me know what you think in the comments. :)

Clary POV
(Read above for the start of the story)

It was the day after my 18th birthday and I was standing outside the New York institute with my mom and Luke next to me. Simon called me the night before saying he went home, and that's when my mom sat me down and told me everything.

She explained how I was a shadowhunter and I was drawing runes. She told me about demons, vampires, Seelies and then Luke walked in and told me he was a werewolf.

It was so overwhelming and I think I missed half the information but nonetheless I took a minute to take in everything my mom had just told me.
She told to me to pack my bag and that we would now be staying in the New York institute, I knew not argue with my mom, so I packed my stuff up.
......................................................................
I walked up the stairs of the institute with my mom and looked as the door swung open.

"Welcome to the New York institute, you must be Jocelyn's daughter Clarissa. My name is Maryse Lightwood, I'm head of the institute, please come in".

I stepped inside as my mom and Luke hugged Maryse.

"So good to see you after all this time Jocelyn, and you too Luke" Maryse said.

As my mom and Luke and talked to Maryse I took a moment and looked around at the institute. It was beautiful. As I took in my surroundings my thoughts were interrupted by a voice that sounded familiar.

"Hey what are you doing here?".

I turned around to see the blonde boy from yesterday staring at me. Now it was daytime and I could see everything clearly. He had golden hair and golden eyes with runes covering his arms.

He folded his arms but before he could catch me staring two more people approached behind him. They were both very tall and looked like brother and sister. The boy had midnight black hair and sky blue eyes. He was dressed in black jeans, a black T-shirt, a black leather jacket and combat boots. The girl had the same black hair but it was long and cascaded down her back. She had brown eyes and was wearing a tight black dress with the biggest high heels I'd ever seen.

"Clarissa I would like you to meet my children Alexander, Isabelle and Jace lightwood" Maryse said suddenly said as she turned to face me.

The girl stepped forward and hugged me.

"Hi I'm Isabelle you can call me Izzy, that's my brother Alexander but you can call him Alec" she said as she pointed to the boy with black hair.

"And that is our adopted brother Jace" she pointed at the golden boy.

"Hi, so you're the new shadowhunter" he said with a smirk on his face and I blushed lightly and nodded.

"So" Izzy said "your name is Clarissa?".

I replied, yeah I'm Clarissa Morgernstern but I prefer Clary Fray and that over there is my mom Jocelyn Morgernstern/Fray and my step dad Luke Garroway.

Izzy​ stared at me with her mouth wide open as did Jace and Alec.

"Yo...You're valentines daughter" she said.

"Umm yeah, but I promise I'm nothing like him. I mean I only found out I was a shadowhunter yesterday so..."

I trailed off hoping Izzy would say something.

Izzy looked at me but her face suddenly turned into a smile as she said " I believe you" and hugged me again.

Maryse spoke up as Izzy pulled away from me and said "Isabelle please show Clarissa and her mother to their new rooms".

Izzy smiled at me and my mom and started walking but everyone was startled when Jace spoke up.

"I'll show Clary and her mom their rooms" he said with the same smirk on his face as he winked at me. Izzy​ turned and saw me blush before smiling at me and walking off with Alec. Alec just stared at me, I'm not sure he liked me very much.

I turned around as my mom and I followed Jace to our rooms.