Chapter 7

It's an ordinary day of work for Zachary. This tall white bedimpled guy wearing his red ball cap sometimes backwards, with his peached colored polo uniform, gets the attention of the young and old ladies who enters the store. From cash registry appointment to help mop the floor, the people who see Zach can't get enough of him. It was a running joke for the crew that it is Zachary, who pulls in the customers. Sometimes they'll make announcement to buy something while staring at Zachary, it is from where they get their salary to begin with. And because the regular customers are very fond of him, they gladly abide.

Pretty girls giggle whenever he's around. It is safe to assume that Zachary stayed at the graveyard shift to avoid the buzz of the crowd and also to lessen her moody and triggered jealous girlfriend. But no one really knows his exact reasons, suddenly he decided to shift schedules with his co-worker.

Everyone likes him, adore him. Every eye is twinkling when he smiles treating him as precious as gold. Everybody talks to him politely, even if he makes mistakes, people would always give a soft response to excuse him. Except for one.

2:30 am

"ZACH KAPE!!!"

Entered the yet again feisty and drunk Zhaira. Although irritated, Zachary always abides by her invisible rules that was set between them a long time ago. Zachary always gives in to her.

"Eto na po! Mahal naprinsesa"

He placed the coffee on her table snobbishly. But he heard a child like snoring. He noticed that Zhaira already fell asleep. With her head leaning on the glass, mouth open like a baby, Zach slowly leaned closer to her face.

Unconsciously, a smile grew on his lips. He reached for her mouth and wipes her dripping saliva with his finger.

"Parang bata ka talaga kahit kelan"

He was smiling while wiping everything in her face. But for a second, he snapped and stopped. He stepped backwards and turned away from her.

"Whow!"

He turned to her again and said

"Heto nanaman tayo, Zhai"

~A heart so calm can beat faster whenever you're around.