Hell Hound

All these thoughts racing around inside. Questions that need answered, need closure. Feel like the breath in my lungs is gasping out. Can't catch hold of the salt as it drips down in sobs. 

This window to the memories, the laughter of the times so long ago. So many faces so many lies. Too many places too many times. 

Grit my teeth and bear it. When breathing hurts the worst is when I need it the most. Only the stars stare back as the world twists off its spindle. 

One decision is all it takes. Spin it off its axis, knock it off its kilter. Crack the bubble with a baseball bat. 

There is a part of me that wishes your arms were wrapped around me. Something to hold me tight while the gravity drops beneath us. 

Instead, up in your fantasy, the clouds in the sky take you higher away from the underside of the sun. The blind side of the pain I know you're feeling. 

Did you forget about us? Forget about the white walls full of smiles in frames? Forget about the sunrise in the east, about the passing of time? Is there no summer song you can sing in the breeze?

Instead, I sit here fists clenched inside the unfamiliar white walls of a place I don't belong. Trapped in the mirrored room of regrets reflecting the times I should have tried harder. Oh, how solemn the ground stares back meeting my familiar gaze. 

The dark so encasing, no longer enticing. Like a hound nipping at my soul, clawing at my skin.

Lost to myself, nothing stares back at me. My reflection no longer a person I know. I'm lost in the maze my mind created. Alone in the world that I updated.