Pigtails and Stresses

Ri when you read this listen to "from the ground up" you know which artist

How bright the laughter of a child. How sweet the embrace of her giggles. Pigtails flopping with each skip in the pretty little princess dress. She floats along without a care in the world but holding the hand of a brown eyed girl.

The weight of the world rests on the shoulders of the bigger hand. The one who embraces and holds tight until the morning light. When storms pass and lighting strikes, she is the one who holds the life. She is the one who keeps her safe in a bed alone. Occupied not by her protector, the one to be there, but by the sweetness of the innocent.

Tears shed only in private by the great responsibility that she had created and yet no other choice would be hers. The curiosity of a simple question and the wonder of a daisy. How can she fly to the sky to hold so tight to the dreams that rise like balloons from the clumsy? The clouds to come down by the wish of a smile, by the touch of a whisper.

There is no greater gift and yet so frustrating but a gentle touch and an affection go far to the untouched mind still awed by nature. A heart so young entwined to a broken one. Something that makes each day worth living. Just to see the pigtails free from the stress of the world.