Relentless Pursuit

The light faded behind the colour only to reveal the bones that had been broken. Tears fell into the existence of the void of silence like a whirl in the pool of broken dreams. Unheard whispers in the darkness of the gasping chest. The breath, taken like the sun from the approaching stars. 

All the scars, hidden beneath the skin, looping the pull of the shadows. Now emptiness filled the cavity once occupied by touch. Numbness, the pill for pain, the antidote to the overwhelmed, flooded the senses.

The delicate dance on the verge of life, touching fingers across the glass. The lungs filled with lies as the dreams pulled them deeper. Could there be a day to finally get a breath of the air above the water? 

Sleep haunts like the ghost of the past in an unsuspecting dream. Each day a piece floated away trying to hold on. One more day to survive to tell the tale of the unseeable.

The fear replaces the joy in the quiet laughter of the neurotic hero. 

Human shield, replacement target, for the one valued at the high price of safety. 

Anything, for the stones to be detached. To float just a little longer in the bliss of the foam. Waves crash against the blissful shell of security disrupted by the reality of the bruised. 

All this to be healed by the safety of the hands of two broken souls beating in sync. Two hearts in the same harmonic rythm of relentless pursuit.