Y/n spotted Draco stood at a table filled with cakes and other delicious looking treats, but Y/n couldnt take her eyes off of Draco. She watched him studying the crowd with a stern face, but his apperence in his classy dress robed made Y/n's heart skip a beat.

Draco however was skimming the crowd looking for the girl, not even sure if she had arrived yet. But then he saw her enter and it was his heart that skipped a million beats, he thought she looked absolutly stunning. Plus when her face melted into a smile when she spotted him, made every hair on Draco's body stand on end.

"Hi Draco." Y/n smiled goofily at the boy who didn't realise he was also mirroring her wide smile.

"Moonshine, don't you look amazing." Draco complemented palyfully making Y/n laugh.

"Thank you, you look great too." Y/n complemented back, "My job as a wing woman will be easy."

Draco forgot about that and now Y/n was stood right in front of him looking like she does, he didn't really want to talk to any other girls. But Draco has also promised to help her find a boy that is suitable for her. Little did he know that Y/n was feeling the same way.

"Ah yes, well i bet the boys will be swarming you." Draco said, keeping the playful tone.

"Let's just get you a lady and then we'll move on to me." Y/n smirked, clearly now not wanting to dance with anyone other than Draco.

Draco nodded.

---

Y/n walked away, feeling a little bit bumbed out by her task. Now that the time had come she didn't even want to fulfil it. So instead she wandered around the room, so in Draco's eyes she was socialising but in reality she was pathetically moping around the hall, shooting smiles at the people who claimed to know her.

Y/n didn't see Draco until the Malfoy's called the families into their huge dinning room to serve them dinner. At this point Y/n was reunited with her mother and father, she sat in between them near the top of the table. But Y/n had automatically lost her appetite when she saw who she was sat opposite to.

It seemed Draco had done a fine job at finding his own girl to be matched with tonight, he was sat right next to her. In Y/n's opinion there was nothing very special about her, she had the same colour as her. It was styled into a straight, half up half down hairdo. Plus her dress was a very boring shade of light pink.

When the girl finally started to eat her food, Draco turned to make eye contact with Y/n sneakily pointing at the girl and smiled, putting his thumbs up. In reply Y/n smiled back, moving her shoulders and eyebrows upwards along with it in fake approval.

"You do know Lucius picked her out, when he couldn't find you." Her mum whispered, following her sour gaze towards the two.

"What are you going on about mum?" Y/n asked, intrigued by her mothers words.

"Lucius was worried that Draco hadn't asked you to be his partner for the ball dancing that's happening after dinner. He went looking for you but couldn't find you anywhere so he found that girl and sat her down next to Draco, but by the looks of it he wants your approval more than his fathers," She said, picking something small off her plate with a fork.

"Looks like her likes her." Y/n said bitterly, watching the smiling pair.

"But you didn't see Lucius's disappointed face when you walked in just seconds later. So if you're lucky, Draco will come to his senses." Mrs Moonshine finished their conversation, while chewing delicately.

Y/n didn't really eat much off of her plate, Draco talking to that girl made her feel sick to her stomach. Some vomit nearly threatened to spill when she walked into the ball room where people were twirling all over the place. Draco spotted her at the door, and shot her a smile over the mystery girls shoulder. But Y/n didn't respond, all she did was make a U-turn and walk into the empty hall and sit at the bottom of the cold, black stairs.

She sighed, she knew this night had been a flop. Her dress was almost choking her to death, her shoes were crushing her toes, she had barely spoken to her best friend all night, and why? Because she stupidly made him a promise to be a wing woman.

"I was so caught up in tonight, I guess I failed at being a wingman." A voice echoed making Y/n look up and see Draco with a sorrowful half smile on his face.

"Oh no don't be silly, you got yourself a girl to dance with and that's all that matters." Y/n said, hiding all the sadness in her voice, "Now you get back in there and have a good night."

"I'd rather be sat here with you. She was a little boring." Draco said sitting on the step next to her, extremely closely, making Y/n's skin tingle at the contact, "Plus you don't seem to be enjoying yourself, so I'm going to keep you company."

"Thank you but I'm having a great night. Besides that girl could be your potential soulmate, I suggest you go see her, find out if you like her plainness." Y/n knocked him playfully, with her shoulder.

Draco turned to look her in the eyes and Y/n fell into his trap. Her e/c eyes were trapped by his grey ones, unable to move. Their faces a few centimetres apart.

"I'd rather be say here with you than any of the girls here tonight." Draco said rather quietly.

"Really?" Y/n whispered, her body leaning slightly closer to Draco.

"Absolutely." He whispered back.

The two leaned forward, their faces becoming closer and closer. His hand travelled up to her face and hers rested to his knee, and just as they felt each others breaths on their face. A voice interrupted.

"Y/n sweetheart our unicorn is here." Her mothers soft voice rung out, making the pair lunge away from each other before their lips could meet. She was stood watching as Draco's house elf held the front door open for her and her husband.

Draco cleared his throat and stood up, offering his hand to Y/n and pulling her off the step as well.

" I'll see you at school Moonshine." He flashed a little smile, before walking up of the stairs, away from the party that was still happening